Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine medal

Article about: Hi lads can anybody tell me if this medal is genuine or a fake and if it is ok what's it worth ball park figure thanks

?

Default Kriegsmarine medal

Hi lads can anybody tell me if this medal is genuine or a fake and if it is ok what's it worth ball park figure thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine medal
    P
    Many

Default Re: Kriegsmarine medal

I really don't know much about German awards but what on earth is this? It looks like a Deutsches Kreuz with a KVK 1 stuck in the middle!

Quote by douglas2496 View Post
    I really don't know much about German awards but what on earth is this? It looks like a Deutsches Kreuz with a KVK 1 stuck in the middle!
    Indeed.
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

Apparently an officers iron cross of some kind!

The design as such is not a fantasy, but this is not an Iron Cross, and not a Kriegsmarine medal:

This is a 1957-version Deutsches Kreuz in Silber*, more specifically, a crude, modern copy of one.

[Also - if I interpret the blurred reflections on the wreath correctly - it appears to be a "Diamonds" version, which never existed anyway: A very limited number (20 or so) of a Diamonds grade to the Gold class of the Deutsches Kreuz only were manufactured in WW2, but even these were never awarded, hence no 1957 version DK with diamonds was ever needed or authorized.]

*) Naturally, the Swastika was eliminated from all 1957-version awards. On the 1957-version Deutsches Kreuz in Silber it was replaced by a KVK with Swords (with a blank center), on the Deutsches Kreuz in Gold by an EK. (For an example of the latter, see: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/bunde...ouping-186863/ )
    Last edited by HPL2008; 04-03-2013 at 09:31 PM.

?

Thanks very much , makes me wonder why people would go to so much trouble to fake a fictitious medal