Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine UBoot - Schwerin

Article about: Good evening Gentlemen, I am seeing too many forums with some much info regards to a Kriegsmarine U-boot Medals under the maker Schwerin Berlin. Tomak stamping and Zinc stamping and size var

Default Kriegsmarine UBoot - Schwerin

Good evening Gentlemen,

I am seeing too many forums with some much info regards to a Kriegsmarine U-boot Medals under the maker Schwerin Berlin.

Tomak stamping and Zinc stamping and size variations. All too confusing for my little head this evening.

From what I can gather sometimes this medals lose a bit of Gold colouring. Should I be worried about this medal at all????:confuse:

Is this Zinc stamping or Tombak.......Kriegsmarine UBoot - SchwerinKriegsmarine UBoot - SchwerinKriegsmarine UBoot - SchwerinKriegsmarine UBoot - Schwerin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine UBoot - Schwerin
    P
    Many

Sorry to say this is not an original Schwerin badge.

From what I can see,the reverse hardware is incorrect,hinge,mainpin and catch.

Some better close up images of these areas,plus the eagle and maker mark may provide more solid evidence as to it's postwar manufacture ?

Regards,Martin.

I thought as much Martin. So it's a piece of fake crap.

I was immediately put off by the black tarnish and the crude looking hook catch.

Thanks Martin

Sorry to have to agree with Martin, but this one is no where near the quality of an original Schwerin made award. The finish as you quite rightly noticed is not correct either. Leon.