Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Krim Schild.

Article about: Hi and welcome to the forum,that is a good honest shield you have there as Ned has already pointed out,as for the abreviations some of our fine members here like to use,i am as much in the d

Default Re: Krim Schild.

Hi and welcome to the forum,that is a good honest shield you have there as Ned has already pointed out,as for the abreviations some of our fine members here like to use,i am as much in the dark as you most of the time! Maybe admin should create an "interpretation" table for those of us who still use ENGLISH(Ho Ho Ho, just jokeing!!!) All the best Kgrunt, Leon.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Krim Schild.
    P
    Many

?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi and welcome to the forum,that is a good honest shield you have there as Ned has already pointed out,as for the abreviations some of our fine members here like to use,i am as much in the dark as you most of the time! Maybe admin should create an "interpretation" table for those of us who still use ENGLISH(Ho Ho Ho, just jokeing!!!) All the best Kgrunt, Leon.

Apparently its already available: Urban Dictionary, February 26: Soft Googling I will use it as a reference the kids are busy and not always available...thank you all for the help.

Hello, welcome to the forum. I don't think the condition should effect the value at all. I for one would rather have this shield in my collection than a minty one that spent the war in a shop or warehouse.

?

From what I was reading up to 5 shields were issued per soldier that qualified that leaves a lot of shields that may also be sitting in dressers and boxes. My dad said that growing up in Germany it things like this were all over and nobody really cared about any of it( he left behind far more then he brought with him)...in our house there were 2 boxes one with the family medals and one with stuff my dad just picked up,most documents were lost in bombings,they protected the important stuff like driver licenses and pictures.. I am not a collector i just want to get the family stuff sorted out eventually mounted and framed(why should it sit in a box).The rest I think will eventually be put on the market or traded to complete what i think i am missing from my families stuff...I thank you all for the warm welcomes and great advice.The knowledge that you are share so willingly, would take hours to look up and decider,what a great forum.

Jan
    ?

I like the "patina" and the overall look of this!!

Cheers Jan

?

I like the look of it also,I was wondering myself how it may have looked when it was new and was tempted at one time to clean it up(imagine). I know its hard to nail down a price. but what do members think it could be worth,i tried to price it by looking at others that are online and the prices really vary...I have seen $120 up to $450,I even saw it on a check page for 5 000,00 Kč

I re posted the picture below so no one needs to back track.

Krim Schild.Krim Schild.

?

Don't clean it or even try to clean it!

In fact even thinking about cleaning it is just as bad!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

haha,I know Its one of the first things I read...

It is a very nice Krim shield and i am sure it has a lot of value to it becasue you recieved it from your father very nice enjoy it

?

While it did come from my father it never belonged or was issued to anyone in the family,It comes from a man named Charlie who was a retired German police officer who had served with the Großdeutschland division during the war. I only realized once I had actually started looking into it that the worn condition was due to the fact that he actually wore this on his uniform,We even had his helmet and arm bands(but my dad had traded them off years ago. I have 2 boxes one with the family stuff that eventually I will mount and frame and one with stuff that was picked up over the years that i will eventually sell off...this item has no sentimental value.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast