Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Krim Shield

Article about: Thank you Ned, that`s great info and excellent news! Thanks, nic.

Default Krim Shield

Hi
    I am interested in this unissued Krim Shield. It looks good to me when comparing to others on the site but would welcome any opinions in case I am missing anything. Thank you, nic.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Krim Shield   Krim Shield  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Krim Shield
    P
    Many

If anyone does have opinions re authenticity they would be appreciated, thanks, nic.

Looks OK to me, photos can't be enlarged though which doesn't help. An unknown maker.

Thank you for your input Glenn.

You are welcome. However if you are considering a purchase I would be wary until better photos are forthcoming from the seller. Although it looks OK, my caveat is that the photos don't show much detail and especially the wreath looks low in detail but that could just be the flash. The devil is in the detail as they say. How much is the seller asking for it?

It is on SSBW Militaria for £95. I have emailed the seller for more detailed photos. Thank you, nic.

?

I would give it a cautious thumbs up from the images provided but I would not wish to purchase without clearer and larger ones.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thank you for the feedback Adrian. I will wait and see if he provides more detailed photos.

I asked for extra photos but got sent the same one, but I think it can be enlarged, nic

- - Updated - -

I asked for extra photos but got sent the same one, but I think it can be enlarged, nic
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Krim Shield  

It's cool. Unknown maker type 3.7, the slight bend or 'squiggle' in the downward 'tail' of the 1st no.9 is indicative of a good 3.7 type, as is the much shorter 'tail' on the 2nd no.9 which is thicker due to a small flaw. Here's the shield as it stands, and below it the details highlighted.

These points are not found on any other good, or fake shields.

Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Krim Shield   Krim Shield  

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast