MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Krim Shield

Article about: Hello people, I have an M40 Kriegsmarine relic helmet, with a visible decal, and a guy offered me several items, including this Krim shield. So i spent the last night with researching, but s

Default Krim Shield

Hello people,

I have an M40 Kriegsmarine relic helmet, with a visible decal, and a guy offered me several items, including this Krim shield.
    So i spent the last night with researching, but still i believe every collector's opinion is important.

So what do you think about it?

The man says he found it on an estate sale of a veteran, in the basement. He says this shield and another order were getting damp and starting to show signs of deterioration. Both were within an old green trunk.

I asked for good pictures, this was what i got. Maybe at sunlight it would be a lot better quality, just say the words and i ask him to take some more.
    In my opinion it could even be original. It's just hard to see two town's circles.

Kind regards to all,
    Ben

Krim ShieldKrim ShieldKrim ShieldKrim Shield

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Krim Shield
    P
    Many

Looks good to me. The flat wire pegs on the reverse show that this is a later version of the Deumer Krim Shield in zinc, a type 3.1. The detail of these is generally less well defined due probably to die wear over time, and the field grey cloth backing is typical, no worries here.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Looks good to me. The flat wire pegs on the reverse show that this is a later version of the Deumer Krim Shield in zinc, a type 3.1. The detail of these is generally less well defined due probably to die wear over time, and the field grey cloth backing is typical, no worries here.

Regards, Ned.
    I agree with Ned!
    Good luck!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I agree also.

Good looking shield.

Steve

Thanks guys! Helped a lot. Actually i've done lots of research on this, or at least tried. I've found the Deumer forum page, where they showed all of the Deumer Shield - styles.
    It seems pretty good to me too, but let me just ask, what do you think about the middle little island?
    From all examples i've found maybe one or two the same as mine, but it seems different from the other Deumers which were more like an upside down piramyd looking island or whatever..
    Is there any reference books or webpages where i could see all of the Deumer styles?

Best regards,
    Ben

Quote by konyabp View Post
    Thanks guys! Helped a lot. Actually i've done lots of research on this, or at least tried. I've found the Deumer forum page, where they showed all of the Deumer Shield - styles.
    It seems pretty good to me too, but let me just ask, what do you think about the middle little island?
    From all examples i've found maybe one or two the same as mine, but it seems different from the other Deumers which were more like an upside down piramyd looking island or whatever..
    Is there any reference books or webpages where i could see all of the Deumer styles?

Best regards,
    Ben
    Hi Ben,

Not really following you without a photo where you can highlight your concerns with an arrow or whatever, but it should be borne in mind that there was a lot more wear apparent in the shields that were produced later on with the flat wire pegs. I think that is the answer as the above example is good without a doubt.

Sascha Weber's book "The Krim Shield" (ISBN 978-0-9823146-1-6) is an old but good reference book to study with a detailed section on Deumer shields and is worth getting should you consider collecting these seriously.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.