P
    Many

Default Re: Krim shield help please

Will do Rob no worries
    Cheers
    Dave

Rodders,

Here's a FAKE Deumer Krim shield. The things to look for on this are the shapes of the numbers '4' and '9', they are wrong, whereas yours look right. But the main thing wrong with this one is the lack of the small inlet or 'notch' as some collectors call it, immeadiately below the wreath and above the little island, it should be there as again, your example shows. The defining thing that shows a shield to be a Deumer made piece is the shape of the head. The one on this fake is a pretty good attempt, and that's how folks get fooled.

I'd still recommend other more experienced counsel, but this gives a good idea of what to look for.

Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Krim shield help please  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Here is the notch that Ned mentioned directly under the swaz...also make sure there are 6 circles that indicate the cities......the tail on the number (9) i believe should be short.............Dave H
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Krim shield help please   Krim shield help please  

Thanks guys for your help.
    I think Ned you are on the right track as to it maybe being a Deumer its the closest match I can find as well. Thanks for showing that known fake and the pointers.
    I am going to take a wee chance on it, it wont break the bank.
    Perhaps it will look better in hand.
    Thanks again
    Rod

Thanks again guys
    And spot on Ned, I have it in hand now and am 100% convinced this is an original Deumer made Krim shield. Even right down to the fact that the ones on both nineteen’s are two different sizes which is a feature I have noticed on all other originals that I have studied.
    Here is an interesting link about them if anyone’s interested that I stumbled across.
    Deumer Krim Shields - Germany: Third Reich: General, Civil, State & NSDAP Awards - Gentleman's Military Interest Club
    Mines even has the die flaw they were talking about.
    Delete this Adrian if I am not meant to post this link.
    Thanks
    Rod
    Sorry DaveH yours looks a bit dodgy based on this information better check it out. I might be way off. or may be another maker.

Gday gents
    Arrived two days ago
    Krim shield help pleaseKrim shield help please

Krim shield help please

Not sure of the maker.
    Cheers
    Dave

Looks alright Dave, well done! But i am the same as you, haven’t got a clue who the maker of this one is, from my limited education we know this one is not a Deumer, This will be the same with DaveH’s example, it will be be another maker, I don’t know how many makers there were.
    I,ve spent about 10 hour this week trying to learn a bit about them, looks like you will have to do the same mate if you want to find out who the maker is, unless Ned gives a pointer in the right direction.
    Nice one!
    Rod

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2