Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Krim Shield validation Krim Shield #2

Article about: This is the second of 2 Krim Shields. I believe this one to be a reproduction. This one is a little thicker than the first Krim Shield I posted and for whatever reason this one has 2 cloth b

Default Krim Shield validation Krim Shield #2

This is the second of 2 Krim Shields. I believe this one to be a reproduction. This one is a little thicker than the first Krim Shield I posted and for whatever reason this one has 2 cloth backings in black.

See the link below

Krim Shield validation Krim Shield #1

This Krim Shield is non-magnetic but is very detailed. The paper backing has come loose and it is blue in color. I seem to recall that I read on a forum that there were different colors used for the paper backings and I think this type of blue was one that was used. I wish I could recall what forum and where I saw this mentioned, so once again I am relying on the more knowledgeable here..

I also recall reading on one forum that the if the prongs were too long and overlapped each other then this is a reproduction badge, but looking through many of the pictures again, I have seen similar prongs of similar length on shields that were determined to be original..

I am looking forward to hearing what the thoughts are of these shields and I will post the Narvik and Demjansk Shields tomorrow..

Smitty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Krim Shield validation Krim Shield #2   Krim Shield validation Krim Shield #2  

Krim Shield validation Krim Shield #2   Krim Shield validation Krim Shield #2  

Krim Shield validation Krim Shield #2  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Krim Shield validation Krim Shield #2
    P
    Many

Bumping this up again.. Anyone have any thoughts on this shield??

Smitty

don't look good mate, here's a link where you can compare it with a known fake and make up your own mind. scroll to the bottom. missing notch on land at 6 oclock under the wreath is always a bad sign I've read. Big ned would be your man on these.
    THIRD REICH MEDALS ARTICLE THE KRIM ARM SHIELD 1941-57 BY JAMIE CROSS
    regards
    Rod

Thanks Rod,,

Smitty