MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Krimschild does anyone know this maker ?

Article about: Hi Guys, i bought a unworn Krimschild and after doing some research i believe it is the 1.22 type (maker unknown) can anyone confirm this? But when i made pics i found these letters. Then i

?

Default Krimschild does anyone know this maker ?

Hi Guys,
    i bought a unworn Krimschild and after doing some research i believe it is the 1.22 type (maker unknown) can anyone confirm this? But when i made pics i found these letters. Then i fooled around with the pic and got different results and it seems like there is a M K and i don´t know if there is anything else to see. Any ideas? Or am i just paranoid and see something that isn´t there? M K would be Metall & Kunstoff ? Love to here what you think... Thanx Gerry

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Krimschild does anyone know this maker ?  
    Last edited by Gerry; 01-02-2018 at 01:50 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Krimschild does anyone know this maker ?
    P
    Many

Hello Gerry,
    I don't know what list you are looking at but I am sure this one is catalogued unknown maker 3.5A (the 3.5B has side attachments)

Nice addition to your collection

Doug

?

Thanks Doug, it is really a great unworn piece Ii saw this type of Krimschild also in a catolgue from Sascha Weber and it was listed as 1.22 Shieldtype. And because it says unknown maker maybe now we can indentifiy this one? I saw also a Krimschild here in a thread showing a hidden F O on the front for Friedrich Orth, so i was thinking maybe this one has some hidden maker as well and this is what i found maybe someone else has an idea?
    By the way, i just found a pic for a 3.5A Krimschild, if this in fact is a true 3.5 Type. But this one is different to the one i presented, take a look at the eagle head and also the head on mine is pointing slightly up. Krimschild does anyone know this maker ? here is another one from this forum that was indentified by Big Ned as a 3.5 Krimschild does anyone know this maker ?. And this is the one i am reffering toKrimschild does anyone know this maker ?

Hi Gerry,
    The 0ne that Ned identified is indeed the same one and the one depicted in the Sascha Webber book is also the same.
    Perhaps Sascha has come up with a different numbering system? I'm not aware of it.

The only difference between an A and B type is the A has prongs on the reverse and the B (which is considered to be later wartime produced) has side tabs that push round the edge of the backplate.

As far as I am aware there are only 13 manufacturers of the Krim shield obviously with some sub categories of each maker.

There have only been 6 makers identified with fairly high probability.

I can't see the letters you mention but it may be worth pursuing as I know KWM has been found to pop a maker mark around the area you indicate.

Doug

?

Thanks doug, the Krim i presented has the pins in the back that should make it a B-Type, here is another pic to check for maker maybe this pic is better... also could you list the 13 manufactuer of the Krimschild please, so we/i know what to look for? Thanks GerryKrimschild does anyone know this maker ?

Now I see the close up Gerry I do see a MW.
    I wonder if it is the full KWM on the reverse of the badge.

Known makers as far as I am aware are
    Deumer, Orth, Wurster, JFS, Maedicke and Rettenmaier. All the others are unknown at the moment.

Have you not thought of writing to the author of your book to see if he has any updates?

Doug

?

I don´t think the KWM Schild does match mine.
    Those are makers i found on other forums but no pics!
    Argentorwerke Rust & Hetzel
    August Küllenberg
    it also seems that "Carl Wild" made them, but this isn´t official confirmed yet! Let´s see if someone else can identify the marks. I see all kinds of things first a "C" then "A" next to it possible "R" fourth? fifth could be a "W"... puuh not an easy one...

This is KW mark on the back of the Schild but not made from mine found it on the net