Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Krimschild & Ostmedaille, what do you guys think?

Article about: Cheers Ade but what do you think of the actual shield itself... Thanks, Glen.

Default Krimschild & Ostmedaille, what do you guys think?

Hey guys i have been offered this OST medal and Krim Shield on Luftwaffe backing both for £95, although i wouldn't know where to start by deducing whether or not the Krim shield is original, so i was just wondering if any of you guys could help me out please
    Thanks, Glen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Krimschild & Ostmedaille, what do you guys think?   Krimschild & Ostmedaille, what do you guys think?  

Krimschild & Ostmedaille, what do you guys think?   Krimschild & Ostmedaille, what do you guys think?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Krimschild & Ostmedaille, what do you guys think?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Krimschild & Ostmedaille, what do you guys think?

Ostmedaille is good Glen, I can't help with the shield.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Ditto

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

IMHO the shield is bad Glen. Detail in the numbers, islands, and coves wrong.

Jay

Ost looks ok,i'm not inspired by the Krim. Cloth's wrong for a start. Stewy

Hmm... i think that the Krim shield has got a replacement backing because the krim shield is missing a prong but surely there would be a hole in the fabric where it once was? But the person who is trying to sell me this item is honest and he is just down-sizing his collection.
    Thanks, Glen.

Hi Glen, for me, it can be tricky to ferret out the good from the bad on shields, and I've been wrong before. Don't tell my wife I admitted to that. Many times, a collector will have a piece in his collection for a long time that he bought from an honest friend, and it continues from collection to collection that way. If you know the guy that has it is honest, he may or may not have presented it for an opinion, and he honestly believes it to be authentic. Reproductions are now such a curse on collecting, the fun in this hobby is quickly diminishing.

Jay

Thanks jay, i have been offered this buy a trusted friend and collector of Third Reich militaria, he believes it to be original but like you said... "it can be tricky to ferret out the good from the bad on shields" So i really don't know...
    Thanks, Glen.

?

I have a Krim shield, and I'm not a fan of this one. Granted, I only have one in hand, but as said previously, the backing is wrong to begin with.
    Here's a thread on this: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...m-shield-5937/
    Krim Shields are my very favorite campaign shields, I hope you can get a good one, they are neat! It's fun to think of the guy who one of these serving under General Manstein, very cool and historically important.

Hi Glen, the backing is frankly, junk and has been added. The cloth is nothing like an original and what about the missing backing plate.

We have several threads on the forum about these.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast