Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Kuban Shield Version 5.1 or 5.5?

Article about: Good day Forum members.. I have a few campaign Shields that I would like for you all to take a look at. After spending about 2 days looking at different versions and doing some research, I b

Default Kuban Shield Version 5.1 or 5.5?

Good day Forum members..

I have a few campaign Shields that I would like for you all to take a look at. After spending about 2 days looking at different versions and doing some research, I believe I have this one narrowed down to what is referred to as a Type 5.1 or 5.5 version, unknown makers.

Please forgive my ignorance but I am not sure what the 5.1 or 5.5 version reference is being cited. I have observed a lot of the information that Big Ned has provided and quite often these versions are mentioned, but I don't think I have the books that describe these.

I am reaching out to you all so I can better assess what is in my collection for my passing it to my son. I want to segregate the reproductions from originals for him so when it comes time to hand these to him, he will know what he has..

I appreciate your feedback on these items,, and once again many thanks for those who have assisted me..

Smitty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kuban Shield Version 5.1 or 5.5?   Kuban Shield Version 5.1 or 5.5?  

Kuban Shield Version 5.1 or 5.5?   Kuban Shield Version 5.1 or 5.5?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kuban Shield Version 5.1 or 5.5?
    P
    Many

Going to give this one another bump up, hoping some of the campaign shield collectors out there can assess this one as well as the 2 Krim Shields I posted..

Thanks all..

Smitty

Hello again. Smitty! Another bump for ya. I agree this an original Kuban shield IMO spot on with your 5.5 assessment. I too like yourself lack the information to differentiate between variants but I feel it matches extremely well to this 5.5 version posted previously. Best regards.

Brian

Kuban shield

Kuban Shield Version 5.1 or 5.5?Kuban Shield Version 5.1 or 5.5?
    Last edited by bsiwula1; 08-17-2017 at 02:20 AM.

Smitty further information to differentiate between the two variants.

Kuban Shield Version 5.1 or 5.5?Kuban Shield Version 5.1 or 5.5?

Pictures and discussion of a 5.1 Kuban shield deemed original in a previous thread. Obviously credit Ned.

Brian

Brian,

Thanks for the information

Smitty