Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

KVK2 ohne Schwertern & Die Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938 - both good?

Article about: Hi guys, I got these two medals quite cheap and in my opinion they are original with original ribbons. Are they good? Pardon me if I bother you guys with super-newbie-questions like these, b

KSH
    ?

Default KVK2 ohne Schwerter & Die Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938 - both good?

Hi guys,

I got these two medals quite cheap and in my opinion they are original with original ribbons. Are they good?

Pardon me if I bother you guys with super-newbie-questions like these, but I only started collecting TR militaria a couple of months ago with no prior experience in the field. And as you know it's a minefield if you don't do your homework (as I hope I have done).

Any input is much appreciated.

- Kenneth

KVK2 ohne Schwertern & Die Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938 - both good?KVK2 ohne Schwertern & Die Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938 - both good?KVK2 ohne Schwertern & Die Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938 - both good?KVK2 ohne Schwertern & Die Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938 - both good?KVK2 ohne Schwertern & Die Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938 - both good?KVK2 ohne Schwertern & Die Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938 - both good?KVK2 ohne Schwertern & Die Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938 - both good?KVK2 ohne Schwertern & Die Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938 - both good?
    Last edited by KSH; 04-28-2011 at 06:45 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KVK2 ohne Schwertern & Die Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938 - both good?
    P
    Many

Default Re: KVK2 ohne Schwertern & Die Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938 - both good?

welcome to the madness,,,both are fine originals,,,Robert

Default Re: KVK2 ohne Schwertern & Die Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938 - both good?

Hi Kenneth, i agree with Robert. Both seems to be original medals made of tombak, with replacement but original ribbons.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

KSH
    ?

Thank you all for your replies and warm welcome.

Yes, they are of course replacement ribbons as you say donkihotis7 (as usually is the case when you got a 'mint' ribbon together with a medal that's quite 'patinated' (is that even a word?). I've got a Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber in the mail, so I hope I have done enough homework for that one as well. Checking front details, production quality, hardware setup etc. You're gonna have to be the judges of that I'll post it when I get it.

- Kenneth

Kenneth just post the pics here before you buy not after. In case something is proven bad you will have to get in trouble sending it back, exchanging numerous emails with seller and IF he accepts it you will have to wait for refund, minus the shipping cost. So in my opinion and experience is better to post prior purchasing.

KSH
    ?

donkihotis7 - Indeed good advice. But I have really studied hard for this badge. Consulting reference books, pictures of other originals and many things I have picked up on this forum. I decided on the maker I wanted beforehand to make sure that I knew what to look for. So for me this is a test of my knowledge and an opportunity to stand my own ground as a collector. I like to challenge myself, but as you say it is safer to post before buying.

Here are the pics:

KVK2 ohne Schwertern & Die Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938 - both good?KVK2 ohne Schwertern & Die Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938 - both good?

- Kenneth

Looks ok to me. Better to post it separately in a new thread though to get the opinions from badge experts as well. But to the best of my knowledge it is fine.

KSH
    ?

I have made a separate thread concerning this Panzerkampfabzeichen now.

- Kenneth

Nice items Kenneth, keep it going mate but keep an eye on your bank balance

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast