Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Lapland shield. Does it look real?

Article about: Came upon this item. I know these are kind of rare. What are thoughts on this one? Thanks for any info...

Default Lapland shield. Does it look real?

Came upon this item. I know these are kind of rare. What are thoughts on this one? Thanks for any info...Lapland shield. Does it look real?Lapland shield. Does it look real?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lapland shield. Does it look real?
    P
    Many

From what i have read about the Lapplandschild it was never factory produced, it was "field made" from cast alloy or from copper , tin or steel sheet metal!...

?

I understand from this thread lappland shield that there was a 1957 version, to which the one presented here has some resemblance.

Regarding the 'field-made' ones, I've always thought it surprising that the prisoners of a defeated army would have been motivated to make awards at all.

Regards, Philip

?

Lappland shield award document signed after the liberation in a small internment camp by the polar circle in Norway

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-archeology-Legenda-Latvia/224779244335847

http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/

Ok Thanks for the info. I think I'll pass on this one at this time...

The one shown in post #1 is a "Souval"made Lappland shield with fixing prongs part of the die stamp, a post war made piece for veterans and collectors alike.
    "St u L" also made a version but with three prongs soldered to the rear.........these shields are not 1957 awards, as there was no swastika on the original, they did not have to be redesigned.....and they are mentioned in the 57er regulations, but in the list of prohibited awards !
    Here is my St u L made Lapplander.........
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lapland shield. Does it look real?   Lapland shield. Does it look real?  

Due to the fact that Lappland shield docs were presented to the recipients in POW camps or on arrival home. No Swastikas were shown. Although i have seen a few with Swastikas still on the stamps. Stewy

Lappland shields are very much down to the owners personal idea of their authenticity. Here's mine, Stewy
    Lappland shield

And a doc group. Stewy
    Lappland shield group