Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Legion Condor medal bar Spanish Medalla Militar

Article about: Hello everyone, I hope this is the right section to post. We got a small but very nice Legion Condor grouping including the Spanish Medalla Militar. The bar is postwar mounted in my eyes how

Default Legion Condor medal bar Spanish Medalla Militar

Hello everyone,

I hope this is the right section to post.

We got a small but very nice Legion Condor grouping including the Spanish Medalla Militar. The bar is postwar mounted in my eyes however all most definitely belonged to one man. He might have arranged it after the war. There is even the page of his Soldbuch listing all his awards. He was awarded the Iron Cross in a military hospital in June 1945 by the way.

I can´t see any maker marks on the Medalla Militar. Can someone maybe help identifying the maker? Is there a chance to find out the recipients name? I think there are only around one hundred Germans ever awarded.
    Part of the grouping was a 1942 papers mentioning a few names. Maybe the recipient is on there?

Many thanks for your help!
    Klaus

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Legion Condor medal bar Spanish Medalla Militar
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Legion Condor medal bar Spanish Medalla Militar

The award of the EK2 after the end of the war is an unusual occurrence which means the medal bar is a post war made piece. Can you post any more photos of the EK please?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Many thanks for your post, Adrian!

As I said in my first post Im convinced the bar is postwar made. However, that definitely was done by the veteran. The set was never on the market before. Everyone would doubt my story I guess but luckily we have the papers!

Any more help appreciated! Thanks a lot!

?

I can't make out the maker of the EK2, it looks like it should be a '24' but the rounded inner corners are not what I would expect to see from this maker.

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I can't make out the maker of the EK2, it looks like it should be a '24' but the rounded inner corners are not what I would expect to see from this maker.
    A '122' perhaps, the frame does like very wide though.

A nice and interesting set for sure.

Regards

?

Hmm. I did look at a '122' Ingrid but the frame and dates didn't match mine.....