Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Legion Condor Panzertruppen-Abzeichen 16mm cased for review...

Article about: Hello Friends, I've shown this one here before a long time ago, but I have a potential buyer who would appreciate your confirmation that this is an original Legion Condor... cheers, Glenn

Default Legion Condor Panzertruppen-Abzeichen 16mm cased for review...

Hello Friends,
    I've shown this one here before a long time ago, but I have a potential buyer who would appreciate your confirmation that this is an original Legion Condor...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Legion Condor Panzertruppen-Abzeichen 16mm cased for review...   Legion Condor Panzertruppen-Abzeichen 16mm cased for review...  

Legion Condor Panzertruppen-Abzeichen 16mm cased for review...   Legion Condor Panzertruppen-Abzeichen 16mm cased for review...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Legion Condor Panzertruppen-Abzeichen 16mm cased for review...
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Too bad I wasn't that potential buyer Glenn....LoL

Good luck with the sale!

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks Michael, I just sold it to a gentleman in the UK...It's been in my collection for a few years already, and it's time to pass it on for someone else to enjoy...
    cheers, Glenn

Hi Glenn,

I have little experience with miniatures, and Condor Legion ones especially! The stickpin itself looks quite convincing in it's appearance and set up, and may well be legit, but the hard part I would imagine is to tie down when it was actually made, what time period, which is likely difficult if not impossible.

As I'm sure you know, the full size "Tank Troops Badge" was produced from late 1936 right up until at least the 70's-80's. I'm sure this one is not that late, but it could very well be post war rather than "period". So which? Although the photo's are not the best, I would cautiously plump for it being a genuine piece (rather than an outright fake) whenever it was made, but the set up seems to match period types of other miniatures.

For comparison, although slightly different in design, is one that Weitze had for sale, linked to Schickle by their catalogue which apparently shows one the same, although how true that is is probably conjecture rather than hard fact if it's not maker marked.

https://www.weitze.net/militaria/50/...r__242850.html

Sorry that it's all a bit vague, but that's my tentative thoughts on the item.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thank you for the link and added input, Ned...It's a solid, struck badge...I've always been confident in the originality of this piece and was happy to offer it at a much more affordable price than Herr Weitze, lol....
    cheers, GLenn

Great little pin with a very rarely seen original case! Somebody just picked up a beauty!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

1st min.I have seen of this type,I like it.