Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Let's See Some Gau Badges

Article about: The Gau badges were awarded to individuals who had given utstanding service to a certain Gau. Let us see what Gau badges our members have. The first is the Gau Berlin badge

Default Let's See Some Gau Badges

The Gau badges were awarded to individuals who had given utstanding service to a certain Gau. Let us see what Gau badges our members have. The first is the Gau Berlin badgeLet's See Some Gau BadgesLet's See Some Gau BadgesLet's See Some Gau Badges
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Let's See Some Gau Badges
    P
    Many

Default Re: Let's See Some Gau Badges

Let's See Some Gau BadgesLet's See Some Gau BadgesLet's See Some Gau BadgesThe Gau East Prussia badge
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Default Re: Let's See Some Gau Badges

Very nice and rare badges Bob. I wish I owned one also but they are way out of my price range

A small correction to the above- the first Gau Decorations were given out to the early members of the party (Alte Kampfers) similarly to the Golden Party Badges without any special achievements aside from early NSDAP membership. In this case (Baden)- Gold Class for individuals joining before 1925 and silver for those joining before 1929 (October of that year if memory serves). The award criteria were expanded sometime around 1934 to include those who did not necessarily joined on/before above dates but -as Bob already mentioned- provided outstanding service to their respective Gau. As it happened with the later awards of Blood Order it created a certain animosity between those who received their awards as Alte Kampfers and those who qualified later on. It went so far as to literally cut out a part of one of the Gau Awards (Danzig) to accommodate both, yet create a dividing line between those two classes of awardees.

A set of Gau Baden Ehrenzeichen.

cheers

Matt
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Gau Ehrenzeichen Collector

Gau Essen Ehrenzeichen

While most likely the least imposing of all Gau Awards, it bears a certain beauty in its simplicity. Struck in 935 silver.

cheers

Matt

Gau Wartheland Ehrenzeichen.

While some collectors did not initially believe in this badge as a 'Gau Ehrenzeichen' in the true sense of the word, recent discovery of the award documents leave no doubt- The Wartheland Badge was definitely referred to as an Honor Award of Warthe District- Gau Wartheland Ehrenzeichen during the period.
    Arguably the best designed badge of the era, definitely up there with Gau Sudetenland in the Gau Department.

cheers

Matt

I don't know much about these badges but I know my example is called the 'Gau Munchen'. Is it correct to be included in this thread?

Let's See Some Gau BadgesLet's See Some Gau Badges

It has been widely accepted as Gau Badge indeed which we now know was incorrect. The pin you show is a day badge or a 'tinnie'.

cheers

Matt

Gau Thuringen. One of only 4 Gau Decorations that can be traced back to the original recipient thanks to the issue number on the back of it.

cheers

Matt

Commonly called 'Gau General' 1923. Name has to do with the fact that few Gaue would award the same decoration. While the badge itself would be unchanged regardless of the region, the paperwork that went with it certainly did and can vary from very small and simple Besitzurkunde to larger format and quite elaborate pieces.
    As I tend to stick with metal as my main interest I have none to show but perhaps someone here can add some.

cheers

Matt

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast