Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Let's see your lapel button ribbons

Article about: Thanks for the contributions. Here are some new acquistions; just arrived in the mail. Top: A Bavarian WW1 veteran's lapel bow with the Bavarian Militärverdienstorden/1914 EK2/Bavarian Long-

Default Let's see your lapel button ribbons

I have always liked the neat little lapel ribbons for wear with civilian suits and thought it might be of interest to have a thread devoted to them.

Here are mine for starters. First, some Bandrollen (ribbon rolls). Top to bottom, they are:

- 1st row: 1914 EK2/Hanseatenkreuz/1914-18 Ehrenkreuz with Swords
    - 2nd row: Ostmedaille/KVK 2 with Swords (note non-regulation order of precedence); 1939 EK2/KVK2 with Swords
    - 3rd row: 1914 EK2/1914-18 Ehrenkreuz with Swords; ditto; 1914 EK2/Albrechtskreuz
    - 4th row: 1914/18 Ehrenkreuz with Swords; KVK2; 1914-18 Ehrenkreuz without Swords
    - 5th row: 1914 EK2
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Let's see your lapel button ribbons   Let's see your lapel button ribbons  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Let's see your lapel button ribbons
    P
    Many

Default Re: Let's see your lapel button ribbons

nice collection,,,

Now, to the Bandschleifen (ribbon bows).

First a combination of four awards: The KVK2, 1914-18 Ehrenkreuz without Swords, the Ostmedaille and the commemorative medal for the Anschluss of the Sudetenland.

ww2fotos
    ?

Here's my Westwall lapel ribbon. I also have a RK with Oaks ribbon, but don't know where it is. Here is a lapel "medal" for vets, that was worn in the lapel.
    Attached Images Attached Images Let's see your lapel button ribbons  Let's see your lapel button ribbons 
    Last edited by ww2fotos; 10-17-2010 at 05:32 PM.

Now a few combinations of three awards, all as worn by WW1 veterans.
    The top row is just "variations on a theme"; all three items show a combination of the 1914 EK2, the Hanseatenkreuz and the 1918-18 Ehrenkreuz with swords.
    Below, a Bavarian's combination of the König-Ludwig-Kreuz, the 1914-18 Ehrenkreuz with Swords and the Landwehr Service Decoration 2nd Class. (I have the matching medal bar.) Unfortunately, it's missing the button.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Let's see your lapel button ribbons   Let's see your lapel button ribbons  

Finally, my singles:
    - 1st row: 1939 EK2; 1914 EK2; unspecified "long service" decoration
    - 2nd row: KVK2 with Swords; KVK2 without Swords; KVM
    - 3rd row: 1914-18 Honor Cross without Swords; 1914-18 Honor Cross with Swords; ditto.
    - 4th row: 1914-18 Honor Cross with Swords; ditto.

It should be noted that, eventually, regulations were issued to the effect that lapel bows could display no more than one ribbon, which was to be shaped into a single (not double) bow and that no non-regulation miniatures or pendants were to be attached to the lapel bows, only the regulation devices as worn on ribbon bars if appropriate.
    Thus, after these regulations took effect, out of all the 1914-18 Honor Crosses shown, only the one on bottom right was of the permitted style.
    (I have no doubt that non-regulation older patterns were still worn, though.)

?

Excellent idea for a thread and thank you for posting your wide ranging and varied collection.
    I can only add two which are an EK2 and a KVK2 mit Schwerten......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Let's see your lapel button ribbons  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

What a nice focused collection ! Great to see

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

A couple of mine.......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Let's see your lapel button ribbons  
    Regards,

Steve.

Gentlemen...one of mine to add.....
    Prost ! Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast