Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Let's see your lapel button ribbons

Article about: Thanks for the contributions. Here are some new acquistions; just arrived in the mail. Top: A Bavarian WW1 veteran's lapel bow with the Bavarian Militärverdienstorden/1914 EK2/Bavarian Long-

Default Re: Let's see your lapel button ribbons

Thanks for the contributions. Here are some new acquistions; just arrived in the mail.

Top: A Bavarian WW1 veteran's lapel bow with the Bavarian Militärverdienstorden/1914 EK2/Bavarian Long-service Decoration/Kyffhäuser-Kriegsdenkmünze 1914-18, Ehrenkreuz des Marinekorps Flandern 1914-18. (After the creation of the 1914-18 Ehrenkreuz in 1934, the latter two were no longer permitted for wear.)

Middle row: KVK2 with Swords/1914-18 Ehrenkreuz with Swords/Hungarian WW1 Commerative Medal/Austrian WW1 Commerative Medal/WW1 Silver Wound Badge; KVK2 with Swords/Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen; 1914 EK2/1914-18 Ehrenkreuz with Swords.

Bottom row: 1914 EK2/1914-18 Ehrenkreuz with Swords/Commemorative Medal for the Anschluss of the Sudetenland; 1914 EK2/1914-18
    Ehrenkreuz
    with Swords/unspecified long service decoration.

Close-up of my favorite from this lot: The Austro-Hungarian veteran's bow with the tiny (ca. 7mm x 5 mm) Wound Badge device:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Let's see your lapel button ribbons
    P
    Many

Bringing this thread back up with a little update to include various new acquisitions made since my last post in October.

First, a few singles:

Top left, a ribbon bow for the Commemorative Medal for the Austrian Anschluss. Interestingly, the button is marked in French: "NE COUPANT PAS LE FIN" (An online translation tool tells me this means "Do not cut the end"...)

Top right, a ribbon bow for the Ostmedaille.

Bottom, the Prussian 1916 Kreuz für Kriegshilfe in ribbon bow and ribbon roll form. The ribbon bow is rather big and of quite simple construction.
    Last edited by HPL2008; 08-26-2011 at 04:11 PM.

Now, some combinations.

Top left: Württembergische Militärverdienstmedaille/1918-18 Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer
    Top right: Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen/Centenarmedaille

Center left: 1914 EK 2/Württembergische Militärverdienstmedaille/KVK 2
    Center right: 1914 EK 2/Schlesischer Adler 2. Kl./Ehrenzeichen f. Verdienste im Kriege 1915 (from Sachsen-Meiningen)

Bottom: 1914-18 Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer/Austrian, Hungarian and Bulgarian Commemorative Medals for WW1

The last for today. Truth be told, I have already posted these items in my thread on the 1914/18 Ehrenkreuz, but they also fit in here thematically and I really like them a lot, so I hope this repeat is alright:

Top, two different styles of ribbon bow with miniature decoration pendant [Bandschleife mit anhängender Ordensverkleinerung] representing the Frontkämpfer class and below them another one for the Hinterbliebenen class of the 1914/18 Ehrenkreuz; the latter is unfortunately missing its means of attachment.

This type of mounting would later be reserved for a small number of higher wartime decorations, such as the Knight's Crosses of the Iron Crass or War Merit Cross and the Pour le Merite.

?

Sadly I have non to add so for now I am content in admiring the fine collections that you gentlemen have posted and will save this post to use as a further reference for when I am out and about looking in antique stores as I am now shur that I have seen examples of these from time to time.

Regards Mark K

Four new ribbon roll acquisitions to add to the thread.

Top: KVK2 With Swords
    Center left: 1914 EK2/Unspecified "Long Service" Award
    Center right: 1939 EK2/Ostmedaille
    Bottom: 1939 EK2/KVK2 With Swords/Ostmedaille

I am very pleased with this last one. Ribbon roll combinations for three decorations are relatively rare, and this one is in fine condition and really neat. Just to illustrate how small these are, here it is again with a little scale reference:

A first class, focused collection, great to see

How do you display them?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2