Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A little help?

Article about: Hello War Relics Forum Members, *sorry for this mini introduction* I'm new here! just signed up, and as i'm sure you aware, but I am into collecting war relics, actually just started. I have

Question A little help?

Hello War Relics Forum Members,

*sorry for this mini introduction*

I'm new here! just signed up, and as i'm sure you aware, but I am into collecting war relics, actually just started. I have always been passionate about WW1 and WW2 history (allies, soviets, Axis you name it) since I could ever remember, but I was approached by someone who knows my intense passion for the subject, and whose grandfather was part of the D-Day landings confiscated many German medals, belt buckles etc. But I'm still left in doubt whether they are ALL authentic.. So I am now stood here before you to see whether you could help me find out if they are genuine or not. Some of these medals, I have never seen before! but people will go a long way to get money and create replicas. I will have an intense look on the forum to see get some background info on the medals!

Sorry for the introduction and if some of these pictures are not in the right topic...

Thanks for you help and knowledge!

Viking1986
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A little help?   A little help?  

A little help?   A little help?  

A little help?  
    Last edited by Viking1986; 06-04-2014 at 03:46 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A little help?
    P
    Many

Wow. Nice collection there. Some are authentic, but some don't seem quite right. The experts on here will let you know for sure.

Thank you wharfrat57, like I said there are some i am really not sure whether they are authentic, I have a considerable more to put up, but I thought I'd see how these pictures do, before adding anymore.

?

Welcome to the forum!

In my opinion, only the Wehrmacht 12 year service award (blue ribbon) and the SA sport badge (wreath with swastika and sword) are real. I believe the others are all (mostly cast) fakes. Please wait for more opinions from the more experienced collectors.

Never RZM SS on such insignias
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Post A few more pictures

Here are a couple more pictures...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A little help?   A little help?  

Quote by lebus12 View Post

Never RZM SS on such insignias

Thanks for the information lebus12

?

My opinion only :- I'm not liking any of the items shown here sadly , the SA sports badge has the wrong pin & catch set up and the wording to the rear doesn't look right neither does the 12 year wehrmacht medal , the detailing is muted and not as crisp as on originals the color should be gold (it could have worn off) but the detailing would lead me to believe that it is bad sadly. Were all these purchased from the same seller? as if so i would promptly ask for your money back. Sorry

I'm with jimm here. None of the pieces look original. They are All fakes and the person who sold you them Knew this and deliberately Lied to you to cheat you out of your money.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Thumbs down

Hello,
    Most of it is bad. I just posted a real Spanish cross and look at my example. The EK/Spange combo, Olympic Games, SS Long Service, Anti-partisan badge, Horseman's badge, German-Italian Medal, EK 2nd Class, Coburg Badge (real ones can go for over $15,000) all bad (as well as most of the other stuff). The Luftschutz medal may stand a chance-I need better pictures. A few things are fantasy items. Most of this stuff is very poor quality and I can tell you for a fact none of these items were any wehre near Normandy on D-Day in 1944. Most of this stuff is junk from the 1980's.

Jody

For example, you can compare your German/Italian Medal to a real one:

Last edited by Jody; 06-05-2014 at 01:22 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast