Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Little help - Luftwaffe Erdkampfabzeichen.

Article about: I have to say that I just can't accept this one either. The proportions of the designs are simply not matching the narrow pinned example. Because the pin is different shouldn't mean the rest

Default Re: Little help - Luftwaffe Erdkampfabzeichen.

I think we have all classified across the 3 threads that, The Para is bad, The Ground Assault is bad and i do believe that the GA was also bad. Sorry for the bad news
    Morris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Little help - Luftwaffe Erdkampfabzeichen.
    P
    Many

?

Nope, I believe the Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen is a good one.

Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Sorry Morris
    You are a little bit off the mark.....There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen!

Regards
    Brett

The LW ground assault appears to be an earlier Osang, and some did have wide pins. R.K also had wide pins. Kradmelder has listed
    a very nice example of a later war piece.

Quote by humble collector View Post
    The LW ground assault appears to be an earlier Osang, and some did have wide pins. R.K also had wide pins. Kradmelder has listed
    a very nice example of a later war piece.
    Hi humble collector,

the starting badge in the thread,it`s not a original Osang Erdkampfabzeichen.The wide pins on Erdkampfabzeichen normaly only to see at M.u.K. 5,R.K,Juncker and a unknown type.

Regards
    Joe

Quote by Kradmelder View Post
    Hi humble collector,

the starting badge in the thread,it`s not a original Osang Erdkampfabzeichen.The wide pins on Erdkampfabzeichen normaly only to see at M.u.K. 5,R.K,Juncker and a unknown type.

Regards
    Joe
    Hi Joe,

I have seen a total of 4 of the earlier tombak Osang LW GABs. They had the wide pins. In fact they were from very respected dealers.
    The last one I saw was from the late Chris DeVine. He had a great inventory! I was informed the transition from the wide to the needle style pins were in late 43.

Regards,

H.C.

?

Tombak Erd:kampfabzeichen? Do these exist? I always thought they were made of zinc but am happy to be corrected.

This badge was instituted at the end of March 1942 at a time when production of badges was being transfered to zinc. I would like to see a genuine example of a tombak Erdkampfabzeichen if someone can post one.......?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Tombak Erd:kampfabzeichen? Do these exist? I always thought they were made of zinc but am happy to be corrected.

This badge was instituted at the end of March 1942 at a time when production of badges was being transfered to zinc. I would like to see a genuine example of a tombak Erdkampfabzeichen if someone can post one.......?
    Hi Adrian,

only one type of Erdkampfabzeichen was made by tombak.Juncker was the first manufacturerer who made the Erdkampfabzeichen and the first type of Juncker Erdkampfabzeichen was made by tombak.But this type is very hard to find!

You can find this type in the book from Previtera "Combat Badges of the Third Reich Volume 2" Side 428+429.But you are right of course Adrian,normaly the Erdkampfabzeichen was made by zinc and i don`t believe that Osang made a Erdkampfabzeichen from tombak.

Quote by Kradmelder View Post
    Hi Adrian,

only one type of Erdkampfabzeichen was made by tombak.Juncker was the first manufacturerer who made the Erdkampfabzeichen and the first type of Juncker Erdkampfabzeichen was made by tombak.But this type is very hard to find!

You can find this type in the book from Previtera "Combat Badges of the Third Reich Volume 2" Side 428+429.But you are right of course Adrian,normaly the Erdkampfabzeichen was made by zinc and i don`t believe that Osang made a Erdkampfabzeichen from tombak.
    The 4 Tombak versions I came across were the Junker manufacture. I wish I purchased one, but I thought another would come around. Hind sight! I do have a fine zinc Osang with wide pin. It has 3 rivets. I have shown the piece to 3 dealers in the distant
    past all 3 liked it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Little help - Luftwaffe Erdkampfabzeichen.   Little help - Luftwaffe Erdkampfabzeichen.  

Little help - Luftwaffe Erdkampfabzeichen.  

Thanks for the pictures "humble".IMO the eagle design is not fitting to a original Osang badge.Also the three rivets are wrong.Wide pin also never seen before on a original osang badge.But there are more details there are wrong.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Little help - Luftwaffe Erdkampfabzeichen.   Little help - Luftwaffe Erdkampfabzeichen.  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast