Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A little piece that may be to Adrian's liking...

Article about: Hi guys, I am currently on a "break" from Third Reich collecting as I am focusing more on earlier German items, but this little piece here made me make an exception to my self-impo

KSH
    ?

Default A little piece that may be to Adrian's liking...

Hi guys,

I am currently on a "break" from Third Reich collecting as I am focusing more on earlier German items, but this little piece here made me make an exception to my self-imposed regime of collecting.

A little piece that may be to Adrian's liking...A little piece that may be to Adrian's liking...

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth S-H.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A little piece that may be to Adrian's liking...
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: A little piece that may be to Adrian's liking...

Hmm,

What makes you think I might like this Kenneth......?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

KSH
    ?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Hmm,

What makes you think I might like this Kenneth......?
    I was under the impression that this particular variant is not so commonly found, that's all - am I wrong? And you probably like all of these beauties anyway

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth S-H.

?

I really do like it Kenneth, you don't see too many LDO marked Minesweeper badges which makes this one quite a rare badge. I have seen one for sale (can't remember where) in the last few weeks, maybe this is the one.
    It's a nice example, the gold was has worn off over most of the badge leaving the tombak base metal exposed but the majority of the silver wash remains with a pleasant amount of wear to the high point. Clearly marked for Deumer.
    I managed to pick one up this year as well, here's a link to mine (no pun intended!).....

L/11 marked Kriegsabzeichen fur Minensuch.

KSH
    ?

I really do like it Kenneth, you don't see too many LDO marked Minesweeper badges which makes this one quite a rare badge. I have seen one for sale (can't remember where) in the last few weeks, maybe this is the one.
    I managed to pick one up this year as well, here's a link to mine (no pun intended!).....

L/11 marked Kriegsabzeichen fur Minensuch.
    I like your example very much, especially how the finish looks on the wreath How many variants are you missing as of now?

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth S-H.

?

Thanks Kenneth, as you can see, the finish on my example has also been worn off exposing the base metal but fortunately on these awards it doesn't detract too much if the base metal is tombak.
    I've still got a way to go yet to complete my Minesweeper collection. I won't be going for every single maker in every single material and with every single combination of the above with or without a makers mark, I'll stick to a representative badge from each maker in each material. I'm not going to fuss over makers marks as I will display them obverse facing out as you would expect and therefore the mark will be largely irrelevant.

I've only got two, but I love these. You have an excellent badge!

I have a long way to go with my collection. I think I will save up for a tombak Schwerin next.

KSH
    ?

Thanks Kenneth, as you can see, the finish on my example has also been worn off exposing the base metal but fortunately on these awards it doesn't detract too much if the base metal is tombak.
    I've still got a way to go yet to complete my Minesweeper collection. I won't be going for every single maker in every single material and with every single combination of the above with or without a makers mark, I'll stick to a representative badge from each maker in each material. I'm not going to fuss over makers marks as I will display them obverse facing out as you would expect and therefore the mark will be largely irrelevant.
    Sounds like a reasonable way to build up a Minesweeper collection (and a cheaper way not to mention - I guess your EK collection is priority number one).

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    I've only got two, but I love these. You have an excellent badge!

I have a long way to go with my collection. I think I will save up for a tombak Schwerin next.
    Thank you - good luck with finding a nice Schwerin!

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth S-H.

?

My priorities seem to change depending what I find to buy Kenneth! I have trouble sticking to one area as a priority because something else in another area comes along at the wrong time! My EK2 collection is my number one though, I only need about six or so crosses to finish it to my satisfaction. Then of course my Imperial EK2 collection is always there or thereabouts, still need a few more of those. My Mutterkreuz collection is always there and obviously the Minesweepers..............

................and then there are my other hobbies which cost money and time. It's a hard life!

My priorities seem to change depending what I find to buy Kenneth! I have trouble sticking to one area as a priority because something else in another area comes along at the wrong time! My EK2 collection is my number one though, I only need about six or so crosses to finish it to my satisfaction. Then of course my Imperial EK2 collection is always there or thereabouts, still need a few more of those. My Mutterkreuz collection is always there and obviously the Minesweepers..............

................and then there are my other hobbies which cost money and time. It's a hard life!
    Which are the six required EK2s Adrian ?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast