Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

LM marked Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände.

Article about: Can someone identify the maker mark?

?

Default LM marked Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände.

LM marked Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände.LM marked Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände.LM marked Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände.
    Can someone identify the maker mark?
    Last edited by Adrian; 05-13-2012 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement LM marked Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Mine Sweeper Badge

Looks good to me.

Default Re: Mine Sweeper Badge

The examples with the maker mark "LM" are still unknown.
    One possibility is the firm of Lind & Meyrer, Oberstein but this is not proven.

Best Regards, fischer

?

Default Re: LM marked Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände.

Nice badge and as mentioned, thought to be from the maker Lind & Meyrer. There is a train of thought that it has a Hermann Aurich influence due to the style of the mark being similar to the latter mentioned maker.
    Here is my example for comparison.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LM marked Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände.   LM marked Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände.  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: LM marked Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände.

Nice badge, a maker I've never come across. It looks like they produced decent examples.

?

I would agree with you Mo. They only made them in zinc and very often the finish has gone to time but the badges are fairly solid and the wreath is nice and chunky.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....