Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Lorientschild...

Article about: Hello Friends, We all know how tricky these are with fakes galore, some easily recognized and others not so easily dismissed...I felt comfortable going with my instinct on this one and was a

Default Lorientschild...

Hello Friends,
    We all know how tricky these are with fakes galore, some easily recognized and others not so easily dismissed...I was able to obtain it cheaply from a German Seller in Mainz along with the M42 Shell I posted...I would like to believe that it displays the "appropriate crudeness" indicative of the Lorientschild...It isn't a run of the mill fake, and only $20, so please don't beat me up too bad, lol...
    Any thoughts or opinions gentlemen - feel free to comment...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lorientschild...   Lorientschild...  

Last edited by bigmacglenn; 02-28-2016 at 09:50 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lorientschild...
    P
    Many

Strange to see a Lorient shield on cloth with back plate & prongs. Most are quite basic & had holes drilled to attach to a uniform. Stewy

True...it appears there was a bit more effort invested in this one. That backplate appears to be crudely cut tin....
    cheers, Glenn

Hi Glenn,

Here's a known fake that unfortunately matches yours in several critical ways. Note the areas I've highlighted that show just two identical flaws.

Lorientschild...Lorientschild...

TBH, those accepted as being original by SOME collectors are far more crude and less detailed than your example.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thank You, Ned! That clears that one up for me...
    cheers, Glenn

?

Is that a guy on that shield or a muscled up gal with a big bush ?

The crude figure is supposed to signify that the men were defending their "Nacktes Leben", their "Bare-Naked Lives"...
    Thanks to all for the help...
    GLenn

70s fake Glenn.