Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lot 1: Are these Medals Real or Fake???

Article about: Hi all! I need expert opinions on a bunch of German medals I purchased in an enormous lot. The lot includes mostly American medals, ribbons and bars, but the German medals included in the lo

?

Default Lot 1: Are these Medals Real or Fake???

Hi all!

I need expert opinions on a bunch of German medals I purchased in an enormous lot. The lot includes mostly American medals, ribbons and bars, but the German medals included in the lot have me curious.

I will be posting several detailed photos of the German medals, across several posts for house keeping sake, in hopes of getting feedback from the experts here on what they are, and whether or not they're authentic. I'm anxious to see which ones I think are real match up with everyone else's opinion.

Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lot 1: Are these Medals Real or Fake???   Lot 1: Are these Medals Real or Fake???  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lot 1: Are these Medals Real or Fake???
    P
    Many

Default Re: Lot 1: Are these Medals Real or Fake???

Silver wound badge (top right) looks ok. GAB (bottom left) has some issues that i'm not comfortable with. Again better closer pics would help. Stewy S

schnellmann
    ?

The West Wall medal looks ok, too. If you need a ribbon for it, I have an extra.

?

Stewy, here are detail pics of the fronts - let me know if these work better. If you need backs let me know and I will post those as well. I'll do the same for all lots.

Thanks for your feedback!
    dzyner
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lot 1: Are these Medals Real or Fake???   Lot 1: Are these Medals Real or Fake???  

Lot 1: Are these Medals Real or Fake???   Lot 1: Are these Medals Real or Fake???  

Westwall (bottom right) is ok. Still like a reverse pic of the GAB (bottom left) please. Stewy S

To anyone who is serious about collecting TR items (or any other militaria item for that matter), individual research is encouraged through the numerous publications in print available at book stores and on line.

Researching the vast amount of information through these venues will prove invaluable to the collector and allow for "educated" purchasing.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

Here are some reverse detail pics.

Lot 1: Are these Medals Real or Fake???   Lot 1: Are these Medals Real or Fake???  

The GAB looks to be a cast fake,a lot of pitting on the reverse. Stewy S

Could you please post a photo of the makers mark at the back of the gold wound badge, with pin lifted? Thanks
    Silver WB looks good, honest zincer.
    The westwall medal is good and I agree with Stewy on the GAB.
    Tom

?

Here is another detail of the gold reverse with pin lifted StuG.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lot 1: Are these Medals Real or Fake???  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast