Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Luft ROAG - Cupal/Aluminum FFL (Fliegerschutzenabzeichen für Bordfunker und Bordschutzen )

Article about: Been eagerly awaiting for this one to arrive. Came in the mail today. A hard to find version of the Luft ROAG (Radio Operator / Air Gunner) qualification badge. While unmarked it is said to

MAP
    ?

Quote by Toecutter View Post
    Beautiful badges guys!
    Thanks Todd. Actually they are all the same badge. Just been owned by a few people along the road.

I added these latest photos since I did a re-shoot last week for Sebastian. I am glad to say, despite the fact that this is a very hard badge to photograph well, he has very high standards for the quality of photos that go into his publications. I must have taken well over 100 photos before we got the "right one". Also learned how to use all the manual adjustments on my camera in the process! LOL
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luft ROAG - Cupal/Aluminum FFL  (Fliegerschutzenabzeichen für Bordfunker und Bordschutzen )
    P
    Many

raz
    ?

Hey Michael , were you able to barter for Seb's new pilots badges books in exchange for pics ???? By the way that is a really nice award . Congratulations ,

Dennis

MAP
    ?

Quote by raz View Post
    Hey Michael , were you able to barter for Seb's new pilots badges books in exchange for pics ???? By the way that is a really nice award . Congratulations ,

Dennis
    It was great working with him. He has very high standards which certainly shows in his publications. As I noted above, we went through many re-shoots, and each time, step by step he guided me on the correct settings to use. I'm a complete amateur with a camera and have often relied on "auto" mode in the past, which while great for a forum, doesn't really cut it for a book.

In this case we had to adjust the shutter, F Stop and ISO as well as the intensity and color of the lighting (mid Kelvin range was the sweet spot) to get just the right photo. It's hard work and took many hours.

I did not negotiate on the book LoL! Plus as we all know, these are a labor of love and not profit for authors, so I was more than happy to just help out so collectors could have a top quality book to learn from.

This new book should be ready for the SoS next year, or maybe a bit earlier.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3