Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Luft ROAG - Cupal/Aluminum FFL (Fliegerschutzenabzeichen für Bordfunker und Bordschutzen )

Article about: Been eagerly awaiting for this one to arrive. Came in the mail today. A hard to find version of the Luft ROAG (Radio Operator / Air Gunner) qualification badge. While unmarked it is said to

You are correct Michael it was either WAF or GCA
    I think it was added to both forums.

Cheers
    Doug

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luft ROAG - Cupal/Aluminum FFL  (Fliegerschutzenabzeichen für Bordfunker und Bordschutzen )
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

I saw the thread in WAF. Will need to look for it on GCA. Thanks
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Remarkable.

William Kramer

MAP
    ?

Quote by all1knew View Post
    Remarkable.

William Kramer
    Thanks William.

I only have "one of" each of the Luft qualification awards (less the Retired Pilot). So I waited for a nice example to show up. Was nice to that this award has some history behind it.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

That ROAG is a real beauty. I am actually a bit jealous now. Beautiful piece.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Jody View Post
    That ROAG is a real beauty. I am actually a bit jealous now. Beautiful piece.
    If YOU are jealous I must have done something right.

Certainly a variant that is near impossible to find. I think it was produced sometime around '36 to '38ish. So early.

I have some new photos I took on a white background over the last few days. I'll try to post them tonight. Stay tuned.

?

Very nice Michael.
    I missed this one on the first time around the block.

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

I have to photoshop out the cell phone chargers...LoL.

But these are higher resolution taken with my DSLR and Macro lens set on full manual. Took forever to get everything right (light, depth of field, color, etc. )

Enjoy

Luft ROAG - Cupal/Aluminum FFL  (Fliegerschutzenabzeichen für Bordfunker und Bordschutzen )

Luft ROAG - Cupal/Aluminum FFL  (Fliegerschutzenabzeichen für Bordfunker und Bordschutzen )

MAP
    ?

OK gents. Here are the photo shopped examples I promised. Only the background was removed.

NOTE: These photos (and an AG I will be posting as well) are for Sébastien Talbot's upcoming new book on ROAG, AG and Retired Pilot badges. I can't wait for it to come out.

(Many of you are already aware of his fantastic other two volume set on the Luftwaffe Pilot and Combined Pilot/Observer badges.)

Enjoy.

Beautiful badges guys!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast