Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Luftschutz and Adler

Article about: Hello. I found these two Luftschutz medals and this Adler(eagle) with Swas among some other items. Luftschutz are a bit different but from same year, 1938. Are they originals? The eagle shou

?

Default Luftschutz and Adler

Hello. I found these two Luftschutz medals and this Adler(eagle) with Swas among some other items. Luftschutz are a bit different but from same year, 1938. Are they originals? The eagle should be original, but the nut and bolt added later. Don't know why people do this. Does anybody recognize the eagle?Luftschutz and AdlerLuftschutz and AdlerLuftschutz and AdlerLuftschutz and AdlerLuftschutz and Adler

Regards and thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftschutz and Adler
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftschutz and Adler

Hi Datrus, sorry but the two medals are cast reproductions. The photo from the back of the Adler makes me believe it is made from the same alloy as the medals with premature aging.

Take care,
    Jay

?

Thank you very much for the quick reply mate. Have not payed anything for it so it goes back. What is the eagle, i mean the originals?

In my opinion it is not original. It looks like a piece that someone cast and then made the front look older than it is. The eagle looks like it has been cast from the same material as the reproduction medals. Hope that helps.

Jay

?

Yes i absolutely understand that. I just meant what the Adler, if it was original was would have been used for. Sorry if i was not formulating myself correctly.

The eagle looks to be styled after some type of combat badge
    or other - like the General Assault badge, etc.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

The Luftschutz medal on the right is a definite fake, poorly cast, soft details and smaller than the medal on the left. I don't know about this one so will defer to others more knowledgeable. The eagle I have no idea about. I don't like it and can't think what it might be for, the proportions are wrong and I can't believe an item such as this would be an officially sanctioned piece.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I agree both Luftschutz are cast fakes. The one on the left is better but lacks the finer detail IMO

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem