Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftschutz-Ehrenzeichen 2. Stufe - Genuine?

Article about: Hi everyone, I just had my first foray into the world of medals and purchased this from an auction. I bought it along with a WW1 medal which is more the area I'm interested in but I was wond

Default Luftschutz-Ehrenzeichen 2. Stufe - Genuine?

Hi everyone, I just had my first foray into the world of medals and purchased this from an auction. I bought it along with a WW1 medal which is more the area I'm interested in but I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this is real. It is I believe the heavy variant as if it was aluminium it would definitely be lighter. If you need better pictures I can get them I just need to try and find my camera. Thanks for any help.Luftschutz-Ehrenzeichen 2. Stufe - Genuine?Luftschutz-Ehrenzeichen 2. Stufe - Genuine?Luftschutz-Ehrenzeichen 2. Stufe - Genuine?Luftschutz-Ehrenzeichen 2. Stufe - Genuine?Luftschutz-Ehrenzeichen 2. Stufe - Genuine?Luftschutz-Ehrenzeichen 2. Stufe - Genuine?
    Last edited by rbminis; 02-05-2019 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftschutz-Ehrenzeichen 2. Stufe - Genuine?
    P
    Many

The ribbon looks fake, although that means nothing when looking at the medal. The ring doesn't look right and the detailing looks a bit fuzzy. I'm no expert, but here is mine for comparisson.
    Luftschutz-Ehrenzeichen 2. Stufe

Quote by thecyclist64 View Post
    The ribbon looks fake, although that means nothing when looking at the medal. The ring doesn't look right and the detailing looks a bit fuzzy. I'm no expert, but here is mine for comparisson.
    Luftschutz-Ehrenzeichen 2. Stufe
    Thanks for your help. Yes I agree the ribbon has been replaced at some point. Looking at some other examples on here I've seen a couple with the same ring which are said to be real. The casting does look a bit rougher than yours though I'm not sure as I've seen a few rougher looking ones on here also. It's very hard to tell, medals seem to be quite a minefield. Any other opinions?