Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe badge and 1939 Eisernes Kreuz Spange 2kl.

Article about: Hello guys, long time no see. I recently been offered these 2 pieces and I am thinking that they are not genuine, which would be sad but . And here I am once again asking you guys for help.

?

Default Luftwaffe badge and 1939 Eisernes Kreuz Spange 2kl.

Hello guys, long time no see.
    I recently been offered these 2 pieces and I am thinking that they are not genuine, which would be sad but . And here I am once again asking you guys for help.
    Plus I have never seen a badge with a luftwaffe eagle and the letters L and H. If anyone has some info it would be great thank you.
    Luftwaffe badge and 1939 Eisernes Kreuz Spange 2kl.Luftwaffe badge and 1939 Eisernes Kreuz Spange 2kl.Luftwaffe badge and 1939 Eisernes Kreuz Spange 2kl.Luftwaffe badge and 1939 Eisernes Kreuz Spange 2kl.
    Last edited by Adrian; 01-09-2011 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe badge and 1939 Eisernes Kreuz Spange 2kl.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe badge and 1939 iron cross clasp (spange)

I say they are both good,the luft badge I have seen before many years ago I cannot remember what it represented.

?

I can't help with the Luftwaffe badge because I've never seen one before but the spange looks ok to my untrained eye, not 100% sure though. Hopefully someone else can help with it. Has someone tried cutting it in half?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

I do not know what they went through but the spange does have some nasty scratches. The thing is that on that Lw badge those L and H are pretty strange. I only hope that someone has some info, because so far I am not sure what to think.

Default Re: Luftwaffe badge and 1939 Eisernes Kreuz Spange 2kl.

Can LH stand for Luft Hansa maybe? The german airplane company..Only a thought.. don´t know if they even existed during the third reich era.

I cannot comment on originality, but the "LH" badge is the Dienstnadel für Luftnachrichtenhelferinnen (Duty badge for Female Air Force Signals Auxiliaries) of the pattern used before mid-1941 when it was replaced by the standard Zivilabzeichen of the Luftwaffe, i.e. the Luftwaffe-patten national eagle.

?

Seems to me that the EKII Spange is an original Deumer in tombak :-)

hpl you hit the nail on the head,Ijust could not rememberbut thats what it is.