Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Luftwaffe Beobachterabzeichen.

Article about: just picked up this obsevers badge , would like to here your thoughts on it .

Default Re: Luftwaffe Beobachterabzeichen.

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Beobachterabzeichen.
    P
    Many

?

thanks , I found 1 other site the has that type of rivet, Wittmann Militaria #33940C Luftwaffe Observer's Badge

Quote by lamont View Post
    thanks , I found 1 other site the has that type of rivet, Wittmann Militaria #33940C Luftwaffe Observer's Badge
    it doesn't matter, this type of badge is a FAKE. An original Asssman in tombak (not zinc) will look identical to this badge below, EVERY time.

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Beobachterabzeichen.   Luftwaffe Beobachterabzeichen.  

?

Hmm.

Trawling around various 'reference' sites who claim the items they show are original and believing these people is not the best thing to do. If you want to see original pieces, just ask on the forum and you will be pointed in the right direction.

With respect, and I'm not being rude, you don't seem to know what you're looking at when it comes to these badges as the two sites you've linked to show fake badges. The guys here have shown you some originals and you've been given links to originals. Please use this forum and the members here to help you identify good from bad and steer clear of these so called reference sites which only serve to confuse and misinform the new or inexperienced collector.

There are many people here who can help you out and give you the ammunition you need to make good purchases and keep you from wasting your money.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

The link postet from Ned shows a original late war observer badge of Assmann.And the badge posted from William shows also a fine early badge of Assmann.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Beobachterabzeichen.   Luftwaffe Beobachterabzeichen.  

Lamont,

To see a perfect reference on a late-war zinc Observer, please see this reference started by yours truly:

Assman Observer badge - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

If you read through the thread there are four other links I posted to other known late-war badges. Now, I know the badge you originally posted to start the thread is in tombak and not zinc (early vs. late-war) but do take the time to study the "pancake" rivets on Assman late-war products.

To further illustrate the differences in the rivets used, please see the example I had (with broken catch, late-war in zinc) and the earlier version in tombak and utilizing brass rivets.
    These are textbook Assman rivets that will be found on all of their badges and are the ONLY type they really used.

William Kramer

see anything familiar with these late war zinc Assman Para badges? How about on their early Paratrooper badges?

Luftwaffe Beobachterabzeichen.   Luftwaffe Beobachterabzeichen.  

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Have a look here to see one. The site is worth book marking too as there are many images of many badges which are all original. A very good reference.

This badge is made of tombak, not zinc. Note the makers mark is stamped into the badge, not raised above the surface.
    The detailing of the eagle on the original is faaaaaaaar better!.......

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    The detailing of the eagle on the original is faaaaaaaar better!.......
    that badge is just a stunner! Just to show off some Assman quality, take a look at this one!

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Beobachterabzeichen.  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2