Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Luftwaffe Beobachterabzeichen

Article about: A friend just asked me to verify authenticity of the badge below. Not really my area of collecting so thought it best to ask here. Please have a look and tell me your thoughts. To me it appe

Default Luftwaffe Beobachterabzeichen

A friend just asked me to verify authenticity of the badge below. Not really my area of collecting so thought it best to ask here. Please have a look and tell me your thoughts. To me it appears to be a fake, but best to confirm before handing out the news to my friend. Thank you for your help.

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Beobachterabzeichen   Luftwaffe Beobachterabzeichen  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Beobachterabzeichen
    P
    Many

Hi Tom,

I think it stands a fair chance of being a good 2nd pattern Assmann in tombak with a N/S wreath, but I'm not quite sure. The reverse looks very close but the obverse photo is throwing me a little as it's got something weird going on around the legs/talons due to some technical glitch with the photography.

Best wait for Joe's or others opinions, because I'm not prepared to write it off as a fake with my limited knowledge regarding this particular type of badge.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks Ned, my friend will be pleased if it turns out to be good. She bought a lot of items, but more than half were bad. I'm hoping she didn't waste her money too much.

Tom

Asked her for another front view..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Beobachterabzeichen  

I am with Ned on this. Looking good to me. But wait for someone who really knows about these.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I tend also to an original badge. But the rivets are looking massed imo. Often to see on this second pattern badges from Assmann, that the rivets are tightened. Assmann had problems in this time frame with the riveting process. Is it possible to post an better pic of the reverse side?

Joe

Thanks Ade!
    Thanks Joe, will ask her for more photos.

Tom

Luftwaffe BeobachterabzeichenLuftwaffe BeobachterabzeichenLuftwaffe BeobachterabzeichenLuftwaffe BeobachterabzeichenLuftwaffe Beobachterabzeichen

Here mine, to compare... just makes me question the " position " of the label "A" , for the rest, well

regards,

Dan

Thanks Dan. Is it common for the eagle's position on the wreathe varies so much from badge to badge?

Tom

Quote by StuG III View Post
    Thanks Dan. Is it common for the eagle's position on the wreathe varies so much from badge to badge?

Tom
    I do not think it's something just "common " and in fact , that beside the mark " A" ( not centered ) is what makes me doubt the authenticity , even if false , is an excellent forgery

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast