Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Luftwaffe flak kampfabzeichen ??

Article about: Hello what are your thoughts on tis badge it looks good but with no maker I could not find anything to compare it to thank you for your time and help Tony

Quote by big ned View Post
    It's not a Juncker J3, or any other type by that maker, it is in fact as Leon suggested, a zinc Steinhauer & Luck Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen, and it is original.

The rear set up is typical with the short barrel hinge, whilst Juncker utilised a longer barrel hinge except on their wide pin variant. Another noticable point is the rivets around the base of the pedestal, something again not found on any Juncker Luft flak badge, but is to be seen on their Heer flak badges strangely enough.

Regards, Ned.
    Hi Ned ,thanks for that detailed explanation, I thought the hinge and catch looked S&L , I just did not realise that S&L made this award so I have learnt something new once again!! Leon.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe flak kampfabzeichen ??
    P
    Many

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Hello Ned, Actually, Tom Durante is the one you should show this to, as his "Gallery of Original Badges" section is apparently lacking this information and does not show an S&L zinc with this catch. In fact, he only shows a single variety for S&L, so I would imagine that he'd be most grateful to have this information. He would be quite annoyed, I'm sure, to see that he had left out this particular variety. In fact, I believe he even mentions this specifically, that anyone seeing missing varieties and errors should let him known. Since you've got the work all done above, I'm can't imagine what else he would need to see. Good bit of sleuthing!
    Hi William,

Wthout wishing to belabour a point, i'd like to make it clear that the "work all done above" is not mine but the sum of many other collectors experience that I have merely reiterated here to show that the badge in question is a well known and accepted wartime produced Flakkampfabzeichen made by the company of Steinhauer & Luck, and not a piece by C.E.Juncker of Berlin as you originally stated quite categorically to the extent of describing it's exact type (J3).

As far as regards Mr.Durante not being aware of this exact type of badge and it's set up existing is not correct in my opinion, if you read all the above threads that have been copied here by myself from WAF where he generally resides, the only point he seems to question is if some, but not all, badges with this set up are of wartime production or later put together pieces due to the deadly '1957 scrape' that is found on some of them. Other than that he appears to have no problem with the exact type minus the 'scrape' on the pin and accepts those as original wartime produced Luft flak badges by S&L.

But that is really by the by, as Tom has stated, quote: "I really don't even collect the flak badges, but immediately bought the book because it helps lay out all the hinge, catch and maker mark variations of each badge" when talking about the definitive book on the subject, "The Flak Badges of the Luftwaffe and Heer" by Marc Galasco.

Therefore the person who is the 'go to guy' when it comes to these anti aircraft badges is Mr.Galasco, and he has no problems with the badge as a wartime piece with the exact rear set up minus the dreaded 'scrape'. So if Mr.Durante "would be quite annoyed, I'm sure, to see that he had left out this particular variety. In fact, I believe he even mentions this specifically, that anyone seeing missing varieties and errors should let him know..." then he only has to re examine his copy of Mr.Galasco's book (I bet it's even signed...) to update his "Gallery of Original Badges" and everything will be tickety boo.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

lol Ned. If that was "not wanting to belabor a point" I can just imagine if you Had wanted to belabor it...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

lol Ned. If that was "not wanting to belabor a point" I can just imagine if you Had wanted to belabor it...
    I am just happy to see that we have reached what appears to be a form of detente. You've done enough good here already William, there's no need to throw yourself under the hooves of the Kings horse. Rest now, for tomorrow's dawn heralds the arrival of pink roses and the coming of a new era of truth, veracity and jam for tea.....

My work here is done. I'm needed elsewhere now. I'm needed wherever outlaws rule the West, wherever innocent women and children are afraid to walk the streets, wherever a man cannot live in simple dignity, wherever a people cry out for justice.

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

"King Ned"....that could be a new sign in name...Hmm...
    William

?

Hello
    thank you all for the help and info
    learning something new all the time
    thanks again
    Tony

"King Ned"....that could be a new sign in name...Hmm...
    Still the undiluted sarcasm drips from every one of your posts after being proven wrong William, but hey ho, who cares? I would be happy for you to call me "King Deadly" from now onwards as it has a better ring to it than your rather tame suggestion.

Sarcasm? That will teach me to attempt good natured humor (hence the smiley face addition)....but, as you wish, Ned...Let's not further pollute this thread with such.
    William

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2