Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen arrived

Article about: My first Luftwaffe award, the Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen, by C.E. Juncker, arrived today. I also got the book The Flak Badges. It made things a bit interesting. First, the wreath and 88 lo

Default Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen arrived

My first Luftwaffe award, the Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen, by C.E. Juncker, arrived today.
    I also got the book The Flak Badges. It made things a bit interesting.

First, the wreath and 88 look like the Juncker, but the eagle looks like an S & L. Comments are certainly welcome.

More information below.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen arrived   Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen arrived  

Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen arrived   Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen arrived  

Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen arrived   Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen arrived  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen arrived
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen arrived

Now for a little more interest.
    I purchased a prayer card, which had a Luftwaffe Soldat who was killed near Graz, Austria, in an air raid in 1944.

The same man is pictured on page 42 of the book 'The Flak Badges'.
    The photo is different, and the cards are different on the back, but it is the same guy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen arrived   Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen arrived  

Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen arrived  

No comments?

?

Looks like a nice Juncker too me , the S&L's have a die flaw which is east to spot

?

It looks fine Roger, a good honest badge. Has anyone got a S&L they could post for comparison?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thank you, gentlemen. I have looked through the book "The Flak Badges" by Marc E. Garlasco, and this just looks like a combination of the two makers, which has me a bit concerned. But it looks very good in hand. The S&L is the only one I could find with the claw connecting to the swastika. However, the swastika on this one is missing the line that marks the S&L. I appreciate your input.

?

If you compare it to mine in the other thread you will see the eagle and the gun are both different from yours Roger. Marc Garlasco identified mine as a 'transitional' piece so it would be interesting to discover which version yours is.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks, Ade. I will be looking through Marc's book more closely this weekend. I have to say what I have seen of the book so far is really great. I will have to add Luftwaffe badges to my addiction, now. Tsk. Tsk.

?

OH NO! Roger has caught the bug!
    The Flak badge looks clean, good shape. BTW, I like the interesting coincidence with the death/prayer cards! You should see if Mark will add it in his next book or revised edition w/ both cards side-by-side? That would be cool,IMO. Thanks for sharing!

~Dean