Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen, Good or bad?

Article about: I feel good about this one, but i have been wrong before. The maker mark is clear, and you can see what was once a gold like finish. What do you guys think?

Default Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen, Good or bad?

I feel good about this one, but i have been wrong before. The maker mark is clear, and you can see what was once a gold like finish. What do you guys think?

Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen, Good or bad?Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen, Good or bad?Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen, Good or bad?Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen, Good or bad?Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen, Good or bad?
    Last edited by Adrian; 08-23-2013 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen, Good or bad?
    P
    Many

?

I'm leaning towards fake on this one. The details are soft, it appears the rivets are cast into the badge and not separate pieces. Better photos will help. Is the eagle a separate piece too or cast onto the wreath?

More importantly, there is a flaw on the base of the gun that is present on every original that seems to be missing on this one.......

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Compare.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen, Good or bad?  

Hi , i'm sorry but I agree with Adrian , the adlers head shows no detail and the "wheels" on the gun are lacking the teeth details. It looks to me like a poor cast and why it's gold I do not know as an original would not be. Leon.

Wow, after Dean's pictures and Adrian and Fallschirmjager's comments it is almost obvious that this is a poor fake. The rivets are casted onto the badge. I am learning a lot from this forum in the short amount of time I've been on here. I cant say anything but thank you, and i appreciate all of the help, especially with my extreme ignorance in this field. I remember now why I stray away from "The Dark Side"! I am a lot better in the US militaria side. Hopefully I will be able to contribute like you guys one day!

Thank you again for the time and information,

Haydn

?

Hehe.. Don't beat yourself up, comrade . We all have to start somewhere and you have. You took the first step, now there is a long road ahead. I'm still walking it. U.S. stuff is much easier to collect...it's much cheaper and more available. Besides, who would fake U.S. items? Our stuff lacks the sex appeal, quality and style of the German items.