Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen, probably good

Article about: Yep. Cimpher is from Maine. I'm filling out the Small Claims Court docs right now. If I don't hear from him by Sunday night, I file on Monday morning.

Default Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen, probably good

Please give me your thoughts on this badge. It weighs 37.1 grams and does not appear to be cast. The pin assembly is cheap looking and relatively flimsy, which is my biggest concern about the badge.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen, probably good   Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen, probably good  

Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen, probably good   Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen, probably good  

Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen, probably good   Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen, probably good  

Last edited by Adrian; 08-08-2011 at 10:15 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen, probably good
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen, probably good

It looks like a good Brehmer from the pics. Can you post a better image of the eagle please?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks for the quick reply Adrian. Here are the additional pics you requested. I have lightened the JPGs a bit in order for you to see the details, so don't be concerned about the apparent finish on the badge.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen, probably good   Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen, probably good  

Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen, probably good  

A more straight on shot, again artificially lightened.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen, probably good  

?

The lack of detail on the eagle's head is unusual but evrything else looks ok. I don't think it's fake, just a poor example of an eagle. I hope a couple of other opinions are forthcoming.

Eagles head is most likely due to wear. But lack of "shear" marks is a little odd. Maybe it's just me Ade. What d'you think,could be the pics but i'm not 100% on it. Stewy

?

There is something not quite right, maybe the details in the pics. Bob, can you post some pics of the edges of the badge to see if there are any shear marks please?

Adrian,

It would come as no surprise to me if the badge was bad. It came in a lot in which everything else was fake, very fake. But it doesn't matter at this point. The badge and its fellow pieces of junk are going back.

PayPal saved my ass on this one. I submitted a complaint, along with all of the emails associated with this purchase and lots of pics showing how bad the bagdes were, and PayPal ponied up to the tune of $1240. Now that's customer support!!! Say what you want about PayPal, and I have been a sometimes critic, but when I needed them they were there for me.

Two lessons I learned. 1) Never use the Personal option when paying with PayPal. If you do, your fee will be reduced, but you will not be eligle for the type of protection that I received. Priceless. 2) Never trust a guy named Paul Colby. He cheated me, and I suspect that he would cheat you or anyone else. Beware. As a side note, I'm also having a problem with a guy named Jim Cimpher.

I have no problem naming names because these guys reached into my pocket and pulled out huge amounts of money. In return they sent me worthless junk, and then cut off communications. They are poster children for what is wrong with this hobby.

?

I think it would be correct to say these type of people affect every walk of life, not just this hobby. There are a lot of things right with this hobby and the few who use it to line their own pockets in this manner should not put people off. The good guys far outweigh the bad ones.
    A few points worth noting from your story, good news that PayPal are going to refund your money, I hope it's in the other guys accounts when they go to get it.
    I didn't realise about the Personal option when using PayPal. I hope some others read this and note it. Never pay anyone unknown to you via this method, only use it to pay friends and people you know and trust.
    Always post your items before you pay for them, it will save alot of bother and headaches if they turn out to be bad and you might not get your money back as above.
    Take the sellers details and contact methods in case you have problems. It won't save you but at least it can provide the start of recourse should things go bad.
    Finally, the money in your pocket is yours. You don't have to spend it. Don't be taken in by a hard sale or, 'if you don't pay for it by the end of the day I have ten others who want it', if it doesn't feel right or the seller isn't behaving in what you consider to be an honourable way, walk away.

Quote by Bobki52 View Post
    Adrian,

It would come as no surprise to me if the badge was bad. It came in a lot in which everything else was fake, very fake. But it doesn't matter at this point. The badge and its fellow pieces of junk are going back.

PayPal saved my ass on this one. I submitted a complaint, along with all of the emails associated with this purchase and lots of pics showing how bad the bagdes were, and PayPal ponied up to the tune of $1240. Now that's customer support!!! Say what you want about PayPal, and I have been a sometimes critic, but when I needed them they were there for me.

Two lessons I learned. 1) Never use the Personal option when paying with PayPal. If you do, your fee will be reduced, but you will not be eligle for the type of protection that I received. Priceless. 2) Never trust a guy named Paul Colby. He cheated me, and I suspect that he would cheat you or anyone else. Beware. As a side note, I'm also having a problem with a guy named Jim Cimpher.

I have no problem naming names because these guys reached into my pocket and pulled out huge amounts of money. In return they sent me worthless junk, and then cut off communications. They are poster children for what is wrong with this hobby.

so that guy was one of em, eh? was that jim cimpher guy from maine?

glad to hear you got your money back, and I personally would not have any problem listing the names of a crook. poor communication is always a telltale sign.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast