Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Flieger Erinnerungsabzeichen............ real or fake?

Article about: Hey guys, i have a dilemma here ....... i am being offered this badge. The lady is a few states away from me, i got in touch with her through another person, so pics are all i can go by and

?

Default Luftwaffe Flieger Erinnerungsabzeichen............ real or fake?

Hey guys, i have a dilemma here ....... i am being offered this badge. The lady is a few states away from me, i got in touch with her through another person, so pics are all i can go by and unfortunately she did not provide the best pics, trying to get better ones. So please give it your best for now until i can get better pics. She claims to have gotten this along with other items from a vet, including a flag with capture papers..... i know, believe the item, not the story! Let me know guys...
    Attached Images Attached Images Luftwaffe Flieger Erinnerungsabzeichen............ real or fake?  Luftwaffe Flieger Erinnerungsabzeichen............ real or fake?  Luftwaffe Flieger Erinnerungsabzeichen............ real or fake? 
    Last edited by Adrian; 06-21-2011 at 02:36 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Flieger Erinnerungsabzeichen............ real or fake?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luft retired pilots badge ......................... real or fake?

sorry i dont like this one,,dont like the pin,hinge,catch setup,,,not enough detail in the eagles body for me,,,for what its worth

?

Default Re: Luftwaffe Flieger Erinnerungsabzeichen............ real or fake?

With these pictures it's very hard to say for sure but these badges I (rightly or wrongly) always think of as fakes until I can prove otherwise. Very rare, very expensive and very desireable all are reasons to fake these awards.

The badge above doesn't have much going for it from the images provided. I can't make out any of the details on the obverse. The reverse is unlike anything I've seen on these badges. It might be a replaced pin at best but I doubt it. Can you tell us what the marking on the back of the eagle is please? It looks like A F over the number 27?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

these are all i have to go by, i have seen pics the lady has of other items bought from same vet, they all look good....... i believe it is AF over 27, and i think the pin is marked with a 7 also?

The eagle head looks like a vulture and the body looks crude,but it may well have much more detail if able to be seen in hand-the pic is terrible. For some reason,though,I rather Like it. Just my opinion,of course. Just to be on the safe side,I wouldn't invest a whole lot of money on it,in any case. What are they asking for it? William

?

i will post better pics in about 5 min!

?

Here are better pics.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Flieger Erinnerungsabzeichen............ real or fake?   Luftwaffe Flieger Erinnerungsabzeichen............ real or fake?  

Luftwaffe Flieger Erinnerungsabzeichen............ real or fake?  

Hmm....Better pictures but,unfortunately,I definitely do not like the looks of this badge up close. I could well be wrong,but with the value of these badges,I'd pass on this one. Sorry. William

Here is a good link about these badges-yours might be one of the low quality replacement pieces it mentions,but I think it's unlikely. The detail of this badge is so low,as to almost be an afront to a retired pilot.(no offense!)

Luftwaffe Badges

?

Thank you for posting better pics, unfortunately they only highlight the flaws with this particular badge. As previously mentioned, the details are very poor, the hinge, pin and catch are crude and unlike any original badges, the markings on the back are bizarre - so I would pass on this one.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Thanks guys! I had my hopes up until i got the second set of photos showing better detail ........ but i still wanted the opinion of my peers.