Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen - original one?

Article about: Good evening, I am here again with ask for help to identify if pilots badge on pictures is original one or fake. It should be late zinc version without maker mark. Thanks for help, Mike

?

Default Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen - original one?

Good evening,
    I am here again with ask for help to identify if pilots badge on pictures is original one or fake. It should be late zinc version without maker mark.
    Thanks for help,
    MikeLuftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen - original one?Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen - original one?Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen - original one?Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen - original one?Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen - original one?
    Last edited by Adrian; 06-13-2011 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen - original one?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen - original one?

Hi Mike, my only observation is that the swas looks a bit too thin

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

I think this is trying to be an FLL type badge with the reverse setup and design however I really don't think it is original. I have never seen an FLL eagle with the cut out between the eagle's legs. I say fake but would be interested to hear opinions from other members......
    It would also be good to see a straight on shot of the obverse if possible.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Default Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen - original one?

I am here again with I hope more detailed pictures. What do you think now? The guy who is selling it guarantee originality of this badge. So each opinion is good.
    Thanks,
    Michal
    Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen - original one?Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen - original one?Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen - original one?Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen - original one?Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen - original one?Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen - original one?Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen - original one?Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen - original one?Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen - original one?Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen - original one?Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen - original one?Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen - original one?Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen - original one?Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen - original one?

?

Thank you for the extra pics Mike. I stand by my original thoughts but hopefully you'll get some more opinions from the other guys.

P.S. I merged the two threads as you can tell.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I'm agree with Adrian and Nick's comments. The swas looks too thin, non-traditional hole between legs, and deep grind marks on top of right wing would make me walk away from this one. Often sellers will throw the "late" title on there to explain away these imperfections.

Jay

?

Quote by sitges1990 View Post
    I'm agree with Adrian and Nick's comments. The swas looks too thin, non-traditional hole between legs, and deep grind marks on top of right wing would make me walk away from this one. Often sellers will throw the "late" title on there to explain away these imperfections.

Jay

Thank you guys for comments. Now I will solve it easy. The guy agreed with expertise so this badge will be sent to Carsten Baldes in Germany. I think he is good in these things.
    Mike

?

This badge is not original in my opinion. One of the best fake pilot badge I have ever seen.
    This hinge is usually can be seen on tombak variants but I have also seen these on zinc FLL's too. The catch and the sloppy rivets are also identical to this maker.
    I have no problem with the eagle and the thin swastika too, but I have never seen a hole between the legs on FLL badges, nor zinc nor tobak variants, also the biggest give away to me is the wreath, too thin comparing original FLL pilots.
    I am really curious what Carsten will say about this bagde.
    Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen - original one?Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen - original one?

?

Quote by Anubis View Post
    This badge is not original in my opinion. One of the best fake pilot badge I have ever seen.
    This hinge is usually can be seen on tombak variants but I have also seen these on zinc FLL's too. The catch and the sloppy rivets are also identical to this maker.
    I have no problem with the eagle and the thin swastika too, but I have never seen a hole between the legs on FLL badges, nor zinc nor tobak variants, also the biggest give away to me is the wreath, too thin comparing original FLL pilots.
    I am really curious what Carsten will say about this bagde.
    Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen - original one?Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen - original one?
    Good evening,
    I have now result from Carsten Baldes about mentioned badge. You were right, the badge is fake. Thank you.
    Michal

?

Good to hear Mike, thanks for the update!