Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen--Original or Reproduction???

Article about: My Fellow Collectors: Hello! I need some second opinions on this German WW2 Luftwaffe Pilots Badge. Its Marked. Is this item an original or reproduction? Thank you so much for your help and

Default Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen--Original or Reproduction???

My Fellow Collectors:
    Hello! I need some second opinions on this German WW2 Luftwaffe Pilots Badge. Its Marked. Is this item an original or reproduction? Thank you so much for your help and assistance. Have a wonderful day!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen--Original or Reproduction???   Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen--Original or Reproduction???  

Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen--Original or Reproduction???   Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen--Original or Reproduction???  

Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen--Original or Reproduction???   Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen--Original or Reproduction???  

Last edited by rbminis; 07-30-2015 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Flugzeugführerabzeichen--Original or Reproduction???
    P
    Many

Please figure out how to orient your photos properly before posting.
    It is not fair to the members you are asking for help to have to look at them sideways and figure out if they are good or not. Sometimes even when they are posted the right way it is still difficult to tell the originals from the copies.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Unfortunately this is a rather poor fake.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks Ralph. Unfortunately, I cannot rotate the images; however, if you click on the individual pictures they appear correctly. When I uploaded the images onto the forum they appeared sideways for some reason.

Thanks Ned for your feedback. How can you tell it's a reproduction? Is there a design flaw? I am always interested in learning.

Quote by ChiltonMilitaria View Post
    Thanks Ralph. Unfortunately, I cannot rotate the images; however, if you click on the individual pictures they appear correctly. When I uploaded the images onto the forum they appeared sideways for some reason.
    Unfortunately, when I click on the images, they appear just like they do in your post.
    I will correct them later when I get home. Please try to figure out why they are appearing sideways.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by ChiltonMilitaria View Post
    Thanks Ned for your feedback. How can you tell it's a reproduction? Is there a design flaw? I am always interested in learning.
    Well, the most obvious one look giveaway is the huge 'balled' knuckles above the talons(for want of a better description!), and the overall lack of fine detail, the original parts were identical to Juncker's, as used on their J2 badges and were highly detailed. On the reverse side the hinge is wrong compared to originals and overall there are several other red flags.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks guys for the feedback. I thought it was reproduction as well. I just needed to be sure. Don't worry I did't buy this item.