Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Gemeinsames Flugzeugführer und Beobachterabzeichen, please educate me.

Article about: I have been told this is a fake, but not the reasons for determining that. Could the members educate me on what to look for that makes this badge a fake? Thanks.

Default Luftwaffe Gemeinsames Flugzeugführer und Beobachterabzeichen, please educate me.

I have been told this is a fake, but not the reasons for determining that. Could the members educate me on what to look for that makes this badge a fake? Thanks.

Last edited by Adrian; 05-01-2011 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Gemeinsames Flugzeugführer und Beobachterabzeichen, please educate me.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Pilot/Observer badge, please educate me

Well,right off the bat,is the Finish and the crudeness of details in the design. The finish looks like it was applied yesterday-especially the silver portion. Remember,this badge would have to be almost 66 years old at a Minimum and yet there is no hint or trace of any toning or aging. And the edges of the eagle,for example,are Rough and totally crude in appearance. This isn't even a Good fake-Some fakes are almost impossible to tell without in-depth examination,but This one is not one of them!

?

Default Re: Luftwaffe Gemeinsames Flugzeugführer und Beobachterabzeichen, please educate me.

The best thing to do would be to compare it to known originals. The differences will stand out plain as day then!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....