Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe ground assault erdkampfabzeichen

Article about: I am also not sure with this Erdkampfabzeichen.The set-up,looks typical Osang like Janos stated.But the eagle is not a Osang eagle.All in all,not a textbook badge,that we can add to a maker.

?

Default Luftwaffe ground assault erdkampfabzeichen

Hi
    what are your opinions on this Luftwaffe badge no maker
    thank you for your time and help
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe ground assault erdkampfabzeichen   Luftwaffe ground assault erdkampfabzeichen  

Luftwaffe ground assault erdkampfabzeichen   Luftwaffe ground assault erdkampfabzeichen  

Luftwaffe ground assault erdkampfabzeichen   Luftwaffe ground assault erdkampfabzeichen  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe ground assault erdkampfabzeichen
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe ground assault erdkampfabzeichen

Hello Tony,
    Sorry but I do not like it. Firstly, the swastika appears to be out of shape. There also appears to be pitting marks on the back due to poor casting and finally I am not familiar with the large catch on the reverse.
    Thanks, Glen.

looks ok to me, nice.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    looks ok to me, nice.
    I concur harry, a nice looking Erdkampfabzeichen that although unmarked is mooted to be possibly produced by Friedrich Linden of Ludenscheid due to the block type hinge and flat wire catch with catchplate which is I believe unique to this maker.

Regards, Ned.

Edit: Looking at it again, could the eagle be buntmetal and the rest zinc? It appears to be 2 types of metal to me!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

I like the look of this one too although I do admit my knowledge on these particular badges and the variants thereof is very limited. It does look like it has a buntmetal eagle with the silver finish wearing on the highlights.

I know I would buy it as original.

Below is reverse of an FLL Pilots badge to show the hinge from this maker.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe ground assault erdkampfabzeichen  
    Last edited by Adrian; 12-02-2012 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Embarrassing typo!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Hello
    thank you all for the help and info
    always learn something from you guys
    thanks again
    Tony

?

I am a bit sceptical about this variant. The overall badge, with the set-up looks like an unmarked Osang, but the eagle is different.
    This eagle was popped up many times nowadays, but I don't know that it was known earlier by collectors. There are also bad fakes with this eagle on the market. To me, its not an FLL, that one ahs a Juncker eagle and different finish. My opinion is that its a unmarked Osang or a post war S&L or a fake.

?

My first instinct looking at the hinge was an Osang or S&L as to me there are more similarities to those makers than FLL.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

big ned,

yes, its a common thing about LGABs that the eagle is made by nickel silver or tombak and the wreath is made by zinc. Nearly every LGAB wreath were made by zinc and some makers, Juncker, Osang, FLL used higher quality material for the eagle.

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I like the look of this one too although I do admit my knowledge on these particular badges and the variants thereof is very limited. It does look like it has a buntmetal eagle with the silver finish wearing on the highlights.

I know I would buy it as original.

Below is reverse of an FLL Pilots badge to show the minge from this maker.
    Minge??? I think your mind is elsewhere Adrian, now go and take a cold shower!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast