Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe ground assault -erdkampfabzeichen

Article about: At least the post war Souval catches ( in the main ) had the "cutaway catch" - put there ( so I was told ) because the quality coming from original dies was so good they needed an

?

Default Luftwaffe ground assault -erdkampfabzeichen

Hello
    what are your thoughts on this badge
    no maker marks
    I could not find anything to compare it to
    thank you for your time and help
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe ground assault -erdkampfabzeichen   Luftwaffe ground assault -erdkampfabzeichen  

Luftwaffe ground assault -erdkampfabzeichen   Luftwaffe ground assault -erdkampfabzeichen  

Luftwaffe ground assault -erdkampfabzeichen   Luftwaffe ground assault -erdkampfabzeichen  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe ground assault -erdkampfabzeichen
    P
    Many

Hi , I am not sure but I think it may be ok. It has a similar catch and hinge set up to steinhauer and luck badges. The detail also looks "crisp" but wait for Ned to chip in. He is "da man"!! Leon.

looks a nice detailed badge.

?

Looks like an fine early model!

Good drills Leon, it is a S&L badge!

The big question with this maker though is was the badge wartime produced or not? There has as yet not a single one come from a genuine vet's estate or been ground dug.

S&L did produce these badges for certain after 1945 complete with swastika, (they appear on 'barter boards' for instance that were produced for GI souvenirs), but if they did produce them during wartime it would have to have been for the first time in 1944 when the PKZ made the last award order involving S&L, and that would have been when they first produced the Luftwaffe ground assault badge.

It could also possibly be a post war put together of wartime produced parts, it's all rather complicated really....

What you have to ask yourself if you want to own this badge is whether you're prepared to believe it's a genuine wartime piece, and that comes down to the individual.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by Pryo View Post
    Looks like an fine early model!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Question: When these were made postwar, were they simply assembling remaining old parts, or were they actually making new badges with the old equipment? Don't we see the same issue with Souval badges as well?
    cheers, Glenn

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    I thought only early model were two piece construction? Was I mistaken?

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Question: When these were made postwar, were they simply assembling remaining old parts, or were they actually making new badges with the old equipment? Don't we see the same issue with Souval badges as well?
    cheers, Glenn
    I must admit Glenn , that is the very reason that I have never bought a Souval badge. As they made such huge quantities post 45. I have never wanted to go there , I don't trust Souval badges at all, I am surprised they are still as expensive as they are! (just my opinion!!) Leon.

Same here, Leon! I learned about the Souvals here on the Forum years ago, and won't buy one either!
    As far as Erdkampfabzeichen are concerned, I have a Walpach-produced badge...they are the easiest for me to identify, lol...
    cheers, Glenn
    Attached Images Attached Images Luftwaffe ground assault -erdkampfabzeichen  Luftwaffe ground assault -erdkampfabzeichen 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast