Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe and Heer Flakkampfabzeichen.

Article about: Hello, my friend asked me for help with these two badges. I think both are bad, but your opinion will be great! Thank you Ziggy

Default Luftwaffe and Heer Flakkampfabzeichen.

Hello,
    my friend asked me for help with these two badges. I think both are bad, but your opinion will be great!

Thank you
    Ziggy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe and Heer Flakkampfabzeichen.   Luftwaffe and Heer Flakkampfabzeichen.  

Luftwaffe and Heer Flakkampfabzeichen.   Luftwaffe and Heer Flakkampfabzeichen.  

Last edited by Adrian; 01-22-2013 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German Terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe and Heer Flakkampfabzeichen.
    P
    Many

Default Re: 2 flak badges - lw and wh

Anyone?

For me it's hard to tell with late war stuff - the crudeness starts to creep into manufacture a bit and makes it hard to quickly decide on originality.
    Pushing it back to the top may get one of our badge experts seeing your thread again.
    Good luck!
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

pushing my luck,I think they stand a chance,but don't like pin on army one.

Thanks a lot, more comments are still welcome....

The Assman badge does not match the Assman design for a zinc badge. The details are incorrect, per the book The Flak Badges by Marc Garlasco. I would be concerned...
    as it is the Claw Fake (look at the talons on the claw clutching the swastika and see how the two leftmost talons 'clench' together. Add with the other details of the cannon and it matches the picture, you can see this on p. 397 of the book.

I don't care for the Heer badge, either. Haven't been able to locate it as I haven't the time but will look further.

The Heer badge looks like it is trying to be a Förster & Barth, but is missing the mark. A better straight-on shot of the eagle would help, but I'm afraid the details are just wrong.

?

I agree with Roger about the Luftwaffe badge being the claw fake, we've seen a couple on here over the years. The other point to note about these is the overly done scaly legs of the eagle. It looks like a vacuum cleaner hose.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: Luftwaffe and Heer Flakkampfabzeichen.

OK,
    now I know that these badges are not good for any serious collection. This was quite hard for me to judge them without any help. Thank you all for your input!

Default Re: Luftwaffe and Heer Flakkampfabzeichen.

Glad to help. As always, opinions don't cost anything and these badges are pretty doggone expensive. In the future, if you have multiple items to discuss, you would probably get more responses on each item if you post them in individual threads, as second and third items in one thread tend to get sort of lost in the clutter, so to speak.