Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Schützenschnur Marksmanship Lanyard - Real?

Article about: Hello all, Recently picked up this Luftwaffe Schutzenschnur and although a first glance looks authentic, after closer inspection it seems as though the medallion is glued to the knots. This

Default Heer Schützenschnur Marksmanship Lanyard - Real?

Hello all,

Recently picked up this Heer Schutzenschnur and although a first glance looks authentic, after closer inspection it seems as though the medallion is glued to the knots. This can be seen in the closeup view. Also, slight tapping of the medallion with the fingernail gives a sound more like plastic than metal.
    Is this correct? Thank you, Bob

Last edited by Combat Boots; 02-14-2016 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Change Luft to Heer

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Schützenschnur Marksmanship Lanyard - Real?
    P
    Many

This is not a Luftwaffe Schützenschnur, it a Heer example. The medallion should not be glued and to me, would indicate a later repair. As the owner likely did not want to disturb the original backing, he glued it on. This could account for the sound when you tap on it. The medallions were typically made of zinc.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you Ralph for the clarification, this came with some other Luft items so I just assumed...Always appreciative, Bob

Can anyone verify the level of this award? I believe it is fifth. Thanks, Bob

Have a read here, lots of info.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...schnur-168517/
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)