Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

LW doppelt abzeichen Pilot observers Badge

Article about: Hi Ned, np there It was dark when i got home so this is not natural light, so not the high detailed shots you all expect from me LOL As soon as i came between the lamp and the award, shade c

?

Hi Ned,

np there
    It was dark when i got home so this is not natural light, so not the high detailed shots you all expect from me LOL
    As soon as i came between the lamp and the award, shade came...thats why the zooemd angle's LOL
    I thought they were good enough to tell what it is.
    But...will make some real good close ups this weekend under natural daylight.

Cheers,
    Ger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement LW doppelt abzeichen Pilot observers Badge
    P
    Many

I hope you can get your money back.
    cheers
    Matt
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Gau Ehrenzeichen Collector

?

Matt money is not the problem.
    I bought this only for WR reference purposes.
    I will make HR detailed pics and post them here, after that i will sell it as a Repro for 25 euro

Ger

I'm still learning on these birds, but the eagle looks like a BSW type to me rather than a Juncker. The general definition is weak too especially around the feet, or is that just wear??

Matt??

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I see no Juncker eagle design.The catch is looking also wrong.IMO a fake badge.

Quote by big ned View Post
    I'm still learning on these birds, but the eagle looks like a BSW type to me rather than a Juncker. The general definition is weak too especially around the feet, or is that just wear??

Matt??

Regards, Ned.
    Exactly Ned.We see a BSW eagle design with very soft details.

Thanks for the confirmation mate! It was bugging me that something was off, and I couldn't put my finger on it, and it took me ages trolling around various examples and a night to sleep on it before I thought of what it was that didn't look right!
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Well Gents as promised the high detailed pics of this wonderful Fake award
    It aint that bad in hand...LOL
    The hinge is not bad, only dimensions arent good.
    Ive thrown in a 30 euro to make these pics
    Will sell it as a wonderful fake to get a bit of my cash back, LOL
    Cheers Ger
    LW doppelt abzeichen Pilot observers BadgeLW doppelt abzeichen Pilot observers BadgeLW doppelt abzeichen Pilot observers BadgeLW doppelt abzeichen Pilot observers BadgeLW doppelt abzeichen Pilot observers BadgeLW doppelt abzeichen Pilot observers BadgeLW doppelt abzeichen Pilot observers Badge

Hi Ger!

Interesting piece and a dangerous one to boot! You can see a lot of time has been spent aging and wire brushing it to make it look convincingly old. It appears the faker has even gone to the lengths of using the correct type of materials, a brass or buntmetal/tombak alloy, that's a serious effort.

One thing I think I notice is that you can see if you look closely at the rear inner wreath, that the 'hand finishing' or filing, is actually cast into the badge and is a remnant of the original one used to form the casting mold, but even that's a very difficult thing to notice under a cursory examination.But the most glaringly obvious red flag that is shown by these new pic's is the catch. It's totally wrong in shape, being of a poorly made rectangular wire that's nothing like the round wire brass catch seen on the original thing.

Thanks, for going to the lengths to share this Ger, an interesting and dangerous fake that bears close inspection as a learning tool.

Regards, Ned.

You see it easy Ger and that´s cool imo!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast