Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

LW Flak and ground assault badge- original?

Article about: Hello, I am new to the Forums and would like to ask for some help. I have been offered these badges, however I doubt the authenticity of both- Could someone please point me in the right dire

Collector-Stu
    ?

Cool LW Flak and ground assault badge- original?

Hello,

I am new to the Forums and would like to ask for some help. I have been offered these badges, however I doubt the authenticity of both- Could someone please point me in the right direction in regards to originality and a fair price? I usually collect commonwealth medals but love german stuff too, I have found some awesome pieces at yardsales over the last few years.

Regards

Stuart
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LW Flak and ground assault badge- original?   LW Flak and ground assault badge- original?  

LW Flak and ground assault badge- original?   LW Flak and ground assault badge- original?  

LW Flak and ground assault badge- original?  

2. # ADS

Default Re: LW Flak and ground assault badge- original?

The Flak's a copy. But the L/W GAB appears to be a late war one piece zincker. Better pics would be nice. Stewy S

Collector-Stu
    ?

Hey Stu,

Sorry but these are the best pics I could get- the first pics she send were small and I don't think she would take the time to post more. Here is the ebay listing which they were originally on, it says estate but I'm thinking quick put together. I contacted the seller but they were unsure of authenticity.

*As Found*estate lot World war medals,pins,crests,books - eBay (item 220533528116 end time Jan-06-10 11:55:04 PST)

Cheers!

Stu

It looks too much of a gamble IMO. Flaks bad,as i say. So i'm dubious from the pics available. Stewy S

Hi I would agree with Stu about the L/W GAB one, I owned a L/W GAB one piece for 30 years bought from the owner Franz Dickmann in Germany when I was doing some training in Dortmund, The others without more detail are too commonly copied although the impressions are decent quality.

Collector-Stu
    ?

Thanks guys! the auction was pulled so who knows, she just offered me the lot and I asked to purchase single items. What is the L/W GAB worth and what would be a fair price to pay considering there is still some risk?

Regards and thanks,

Stuart

If i were you i'd leave it. Any guide price for a L/W GAB would be near on impossible with these pics. Stewy S