Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Marine Artillerie Abzeichen (Coastel Badge)

Article about: Hi, Need your opinion(S) for this badge : real or fake? Thnx,

?

Quote by martinw View Post
    As a collector of Hilfskreuzer awards,i find it important to have examples of these "postwar" badges in my collection.Especially important on the S&L awards as certain features on the badges helped us determine the differences between period and postwar.
    Martin brings up an excellent point. With regards to the zinc S&L Hilfskreuzer badges, we're aided by 2 or 3 distinguishing features that we can't use for other badge lines. Specifically, the flawed "Type 2" or post-war globe that is found on '57 Auxiliary Cruisers, atypical rivets and sometimes silver finish on the Viking ship all help identify some post-war swastika-bearing S&L Auxiliary Cruiser badges -- none of which helps us identify post-war assembled Minesweeper, U-Boats, Coastal Artillery badges, etc.

While I agree it's interesting to collect post-war pieces as well, I'd prefer to be able to tell them apart from wartime, but so far we're limited in our ability when it comes to S&L zincers.

Best regards,
    ---Norm
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Marine Artillerie Abzeichen (Coastel Badge)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Marine Artillerie Abzeichen (Coastel Badge)
    P
    Many

Excellent illustration of the S&L variants Norm,period and postwar.

The globe is a good indicator here,as you mentioned but the "atypical' rivets are also a good indicator.Postwar examples usually feature a large domed rivet,a hollow rivet,as you have shown above,and the postwar badges can be found with no rivet at all.The globe is soldered/adhered to the badge with no rivet.I have examples of all of these types.

Regards,Martin.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2