MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

marine artillerie kriegsabzeichen "Baqueville"?

Article about: Hello gentlemen, I am in contact with a person who is trying to sell a marine artillerie kriegsabzeichen. For what I've seen it would be a French made "Baqueville" (it's quite stra

Default marine artillerie kriegsabzeichen "Baqueville"?

Hello gentlemen,

I am in contact with a person who is trying to sell a marine artillerie kriegsabzeichen. For what I've seen it would be a French made "Baqueville" (it's quite strange for me to write a german award is "French made").
    Sadly the hook is gone but the details seem correct to me.

What do you think about it?

thank you by advance,
    regards,

Pierre
    marine artillerie kriegsabzeichen "Baqueville"?marine artillerie kriegsabzeichen "Baqueville"?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement marine artillerie kriegsabzeichen "Baqueville"?
    P
    Many

No one has one?

"Baqueville" awards have always been controversial. Personally, I do not accept them as period made.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hum, I see...
    Just after reading your answer I found some previous posts explaining the controverse. I've checked on many other websites (mostly in French for once and I had the feeling that French collectors believe more than the others that those awards are genuine) but it looks nobody knows the truth. Despite this, many dealers sell "baqueville" awards with quite same prices as the other KM badges. Anyway, I think I'll do like you and stay away from it. As all of us I think, I'm searching for authentic pieces of history so if those awards have never been worn in wartime, I'm not interested.
    Thank you for your warning, it probably prevent me from doing a mistake.

Best regards,
    Pierre

Personally,i would stay away from these "French made" badges also.

They have been a subject of controversy for years and besides we have no photoraphic evidence of these badges being worn during the war years..

Go to any forum and click on "Bacqueville" you will get all of the information you need about these badges.

As always,some beleive in them but many do not.

Regards,Martin.
    Last edited by martinw; 01-07-2016 at 02:41 PM.

Hi, I am with the guy's on these Bacqueville made awards. I have never given them the time of day as I have not seen any period photographs of them in wear myself. Personally I would never feel comfortable that this award being in my display case was a genuine period piece. Most dealers also seem to value them around 20% less than other genuine "known" makers from the period, which gives me the impression that they have a good idea themselves where we stand with these pieces!! Leon.

It's allways the same problem....WWII made and in the 60's in was easy to find them coming fom the Ministry of Marine.
    Bad quality but from the period, I have the submarine in box and paper. No interest to make such work after the war.
    You can ask to Bacqueville because they are allways in Paris, near the Louvre.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

My badge in poor paper, under is the box.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Pierre, you have Bacqueville, all the tailors in Paris : Chapelerie Parisienne(working for SS and KM) and many other, go on French site like DMF or MCIII.