Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Marine Frontspange

Article about: Here is a 1957 example of the MFS by Steinhauer & Luck that i have on file.The badge posted by Z4 is of a very similar design which makes me think that it could possibly be a post 57 Sou

When i said I was lost I don't know what a 57 badge is. I don't really collect badges so I don't have much of an Idea if there ok or not, I do appreciate all the help I have received from the forum.

I have not thought about selling any of the badges yet and have no idea on the value of this particular badge.

z4

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Marine Frontspange
    P
    Many

Chaps, it certainly is a post war Veterans replacement piece, and indeed one of Rudolf's....although not officially a 57er because there was no redesign to omit the swastika under the 1957 regulations, it is an award recognised and collected by 57'er collectors.......St u L also made these awards to run alongside their KM 1957 production run, Souval's some time earlier, as it is debated amongst collectors wether Rudy's were in fact replacements or out and out copies, as he resumed production in Wien almost as soon as the ink was dry on the surrender document ! in order to satisfy demand for souvenirs !
    See attached image of a senior Bundeswehr Marine Officer wearing his, amongst others............
    Here is mine........ zephyr4 pm me if you want rid.........
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Marine Frontspange   Marine Frontspange  

Marine Frontspange  
    Attached Images Attached Images Marine Frontspange 

Quote by oradour View Post
    See attached image of a senior Bundeswehr Marine Officer wearing his, amongst others............
    Here is mine........ zephyr4 pm me if you want rid.........
    Prost ! Steve.
    Great photo Steve.

One of the nicest i've seen showing 57 KM awards in wear.

Cheers,Martin.

?

Given that the original authorised design did feature the eagle and swastika, I think its fair to say that the types normally encountered do represent a redesign, whether made in 1945 or much later. The so-called "57er" types are simply a newer production of the locally produced "redesign" of 1945 which removed the authorised eagle/swastika motif.

Quote by Redcap View Post
    Given that the original authorised design did feature the eagle and swastika, I think its fair to say that the types normally encountered do represent a redesign, whether made in 1945 or much later. The so-called "57er" types are simply a newer production of the locally produced "redesign" of 1945 which removed the authorised eagle/swastika motif.
    Quite right Redcap ! having just checked the "Bundesrepublik Deutschland ab 1957 gemäß Gesetz über Titel, Orden und Ehrenzeichen vom 26.07.1957" it is on the list and comes under "Nahkampf-, Frontflug- und Marinespangen und Kampfabzeichen mit Einsatzzahlen"
    Apologies Gents, its an age thing !
    Prost !Steve.

Thanks to zephyr4 (Thanks Steve !) it now resides in my 57er collection, beside its St u L cousin !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Marine Frontspange  

Looks like it has found a good home..

Regards,Martin.

Glad your happy with it.

z4

With the permission from my friend and HK mentor Joe Slavick i thought i would post this outstanding photo here from his collection.
    A former ATLANTIS crewman showing the Hilfskreuzer badge,Minesweeper badge,Kurland cuff title and the Marinefrontspange in wear.
    Just a great photo showing a wonderful array of awards and this was taken pre-May 1945.

It is hard to see from this picture but i suspect he is wearing a "crude" on board made example.I hope to get more detailed images and information later.

According to Joe the gentleman is alive and he still corresponds with him.

Just great.

BTW,if you have not read Joe Slavick's book "The Cruise of the German Raider Atlantis",then i highly recommend it to anyone interested in Kriegsmarine and Hilfskreuzer history.

Regards,Martin.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Marine Frontspange  

Thanks Martin and please thank Joe on our behalf.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3