Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Medaille for den Italienisch-Deutschen Feldzug in Afrika authenticity questions

Article about: I am concerned with the authenticity of this medal. Compared to another one I have in my collection this one seems rather flimsy. This one also has casting seams around the outer edge. Any a

Default Medaille for den Italienisch-Deutschen Feldzug in Afrika authenticity questions

I am concerned with the authenticity of this medal. Compared to another one I have in my collection this one seems rather flimsy. This one also has casting seams around the outer edge. Any advice would be appreciated

Weight: 7.44g
    Width: ~30.25mm
    Thickness of outer ring: ~1.6mm
    Magnetic: No
    Marking to left of Crocodile: Lorioli MilanMedaille for den Italienisch-Deutschen Feldzug in Afrika authenticity questionsMedaille for den Italienisch-Deutschen Feldzug in Afrika authenticity questionsMedaille for den Italienisch-Deutschen Feldzug in Afrika authenticity questions
    Marking below Crocodile: De Marchis (but very faint compared to my other medal)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medaille for den Italienisch-Deutschen Feldzug in Afrika authenticity questions
    P
    Many

Corrected the orientation of the photos.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Medaille for den Italienisch-Deutschen Feldzug in Afrika authenticity questions   Medaille for den Italienisch-Deutschen Feldzug in Afrika authenticity questions  

Medaille for den Italienisch-Deutschen Feldzug in Afrika authenticity questions  

i am curious if anyone knows what these are supposed to weigh. This one comes in at 7.44 grams. I have another one of these which weighs about double that. The heavier one also is thicker and more solid. I also noticed a casting seam on the lighter weight one. Many people say that is indicative of a fake, but I have also read some posts where people say otherwise. I know very little about this type of medal help would be appreciated.

jwp
    ?

I think the first issue of these medals were bronze, later versions were made from a much lighter zinc with a bronze finish, I have one of the later versions but the bronze finish has completely worn off.

Hi. The correct weight of this medal would be 15 grams. I would feel more secure with your other medal.

Best regards.

Santi

Thank you all for the input. I'll move this to the (fortunately small) fake items box