Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Medaille für den Italiensch-Deutschen Felfzug in Afrika for opinions.

Article about: I compaired mine against suposed originals and can't find any problem with it. I thought the color of the green stripe on the ribon looked a bit off, but found a few examples on the net with

Default Medaille für den Italiensch-Deutschen Felfzug in Afrika for opinions.

I compaired mine against suposed originals and can't find any problem with it.
    I thought the color of the green stripe on the ribon looked a bit off, but found a few examples on the net with the same green stripe.
    I'm a novice in medal collecting, so I would like to have more than "fake" as an answer, if so, what do I have to look for.
    Regards,
    Steven
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Medaille für den Italiensch-Deutschen Felfzug in Afrika for opinions.   Medaille für den Italiensch-Deutschen Felfzug in Afrika for opinions.  

Medaille für den Italiensch-Deutschen Felfzug in Afrika for opinions.   Medaille für den Italiensch-Deutschen Felfzug in Afrika for opinions.  

Last edited by Adrian; 03-17-2012 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medaille für den Italiensch-Deutschen Felfzug in Afrika for opinions.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Medaille für den Italiensch-Deutschen Felfzug in Afrika for opinions.

At first I thought it looks OK where the bronze finish remained, but now having enlarged the pics I am really concerned about the pitting which could be from casting. I would pass on it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Re: Medaille für den Italiensch-Deutschen Felfzug in Afrika for opinions.

I agree with Ade. Too risky

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

The medal has a compleet bronze finnish, what metal was it made of?
    There is a darker almost black like color over some parts (like in the portal)of the medal with some greenish oxidation. ( It doesn't show on the pictures, gonna try to make new ones in daylight.)
    Would the datails be so good on a cast medal?
    The small lettering on the knights side is clear and readable(that was one of the redflags I found abouth this medal).
    Its rather heavy for such a small medal. Are there any weight ref. and size that I could check?
    Were there german and italian produced medals?
    I got it in a lot of medals, so even if it is a fake I'll keep it in my fake box as a reminder.
    Thanks for the reply's guys, I realy appreciate your expertise and help.

Regards,
    Steven

It looks like a zinc medal with bronze finnish...
    The blacklight test didn't give any reflection on the ribon, do I do the burn test to confirm?
    If anyone has detailed pictures of cast fakes from this order, could you send them in a PM or post them here.
    Regards,
    Steven