Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Medaille für den Italiensch-Deutschen Felfzug in Afrika - original?

Article about: Hello all what are you opinions on this medal?

Default Re: Medaille für den Italiensch-Deutschen Felfzug in Afrika - original?

I agree, there are hundreds out there in good condition with either minty or sunbleached ribbons

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medaille für den Italiensch-Deutschen Felfzug in Afrika - original?
    P
    Many

?

Here's mine also for comparison:

Medaille für den Italiensch-Deutschen Felfzug in Afrika - original?Medaille für den Italiensch-Deutschen Felfzug in Afrika - original?

And with bright sun:

Medaille für den Italiensch-Deutschen Felfzug in Afrika - original?Medaille für den Italiensch-Deutschen Felfzug in Afrika - original?

Always thought the hakenkreuz was goofy looking on this medal but a nice medal nonetheless.

?

Does anyone know what the standard issued length of ribbon was with these medals?

They always appear with a fairly short length as opposed to an EK or KVK for example.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

25mm according to this :

Axis Allies and Foreign Legions

Nick
    Last edited by Woolgar; 09-26-2012 at 05:07 PM.
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

ahh well i was only going to get it if it was cheap. I normaly see these on sale for 60-80 pounds so i was hoping to get the one i showed you all for under 20 pounds. I also agree that the original ribbons never appear on sale they never really leave the medal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2